Local Not Opening on Win10

Hello All,

I’ve downloaded local-6.1.1-windows and installed with default settings on my Windows 10 system [Enterprise Edition, 64bit system].

After successfull installation, I ran the local and got an error saying “Windows cannot access the specified device, path or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item.”.

So, this time, i right clicked the local icon and ran it as administrator. This time got no error but local doesn’t get start no matter how long i waited. I checked the Task Manager and found Local (32 bit) in the Processes list. Below is the screen grab.

I’ve googled this issue and found a similar post in this forum. Below is that post url
https://localwp.com/community/t/local-5-6-10-not-opening-under-windows-10-pro/23210/29

Can anyone help me how to resolved this issue Im facing.

Much Regards,
Javed Ansari

@javediq143, it might be worth trying to restart Windows after performing the Local install. I’ve seen similar behavior that was resolved with a restart as device and file locking is cleared.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.