Localwp analyzing import gets tuck at Analyzing Archive

I’ve been trying to pull a site from Flywheel over to LocalWP, doesn’t work (which is another issue entirely).

I’ve resorted to taking a backup of the site from Flywheel to import, but the import process is stuck at the “Analyzing Archive” step. Granted the size is pretty big, a full 4 something odd gigabytes, but I’ve let this process run overnight and it still hasn’t moved on from that step.

Replication is bog standard, take a site from Flywheel that’s fairly big and get a backup of it from the Flywheel Dashboard. Import the archive into LocalWP by drag-and-drop.

LocalWP version is 5.9.8+5191 on a Windows 10 Home 20H2.

This log file was taken while the import is still being processed, not sure if any changes would reflect there while it’s running.

local-lightning.log (404.3 KB)

Just out of curiosity, how many sites do have in Local?

I recently had this issue, and after ridiculous amounts of troubleshooting it turns out I had “too many” sites.

I had a bit under 40 sites, and as soon as I dropped that number to around 25 I was able to import normally again. The number of sites this becomes an issue at can apparently vary, but I have no idea what affects it. All I know is that in another case the “maximum” was less.

I was also stuck at “Analyzing archive” forever, plus at least for me exporting also broke. Both issues were solved immediately when dropping the number of sites below a certain threshold.

Naturally this is an issue which still needs to be fixed, as there isn’t really any reason there would be a limit on the number of sites.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.