Location of .htaccess file to fix menu redirects

Hello,

I hope that all is well.

How can I find and edit the .htaccess file for my website’s Twenty Twenty Three theme? I am using Local 7.12+6410 on a Macbook Pro, and I am trying to edit the .htaccess to stop my pages from redirecting to the homepage. All this happened after recent WordPress and Twenty Twenty Three updates this week.

If editing the .htaccess file is not the right thing to do, then will you please tell me what is? (I have also reached out to the theme’s support community, and I’m waiting for an answer from there too.)

Here is a link to my site: five-thunder.localsite.io.

Thank you so much for your time and consideration. Have a safe and lovely weekend!

Kind regards always,
Nicole

System Details

• Local Version:

• Operating System (OS) and OS version:

Local Logs

Attach your Local Logs here (Help Doc - Retrieving Local’s Log)

Security Reminder
Local does a pretty good job of scrubbing private info from the logs and the errors it produces, however there’s always the possibility that something private can come through. Because these are public forums, always review the screenshots you are sharing to make sure there isn’t private info like passwords being displayed.

Hi @nicolet301

Are you using an Apache webserver or NGINX?

Thank you for sharing a link to your site but Local links aren’t viewable or shareable outside of using the Live Links feature in which case PM credentials are required. The site would still only be viewable as a front end feature and we wouldn’t be able to look any of the files to see it’s configuration.

Hi @nick-B,

I hope that all is well.

Thank you so much for your reply, I appreciate it! I am using NGINX on a MacBook Pro. Should I switch to the Apache server?

Oh, thank you so much for letting me know. I am so grateful for your time and expertise about all these things.

Have a wonderful day, you and yours!

Kind regards always,
Nicole

Yep if you’re wanting to use htaccess this is an Apache feature so you’ll want to use that server type instead of NGINX :slight_smile:

Hi @nick-b,

I hope that all is well, and thank you so much!

I not only appreciate your time, but also appreciate your expertise and resources!

I’ll make the switch right away.

Have a wonderful day and rest of your summer, you and yours!

Kind regards always,
Nicole

1 Like

Thank you @nicolet301! Same to you and Happy Developing :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.