macOS 13 Ventura and Open Site Shell

Hi @smutek - thanks for using Local! Welcome to the community.

Looks like we need to do some cleaning/combining on our end - there is an active thread in the support category for this issue. It is an issue specific to macOS Ventura. macOS 13 Ventura and Open Site Shell

I’ll merge the threads to keep convo in the same place, but our engineering team just spoke about this one again today actually. We believe it is an underlying bug in macOS 13 as it has popped up in a few other online communities that interact with terminal, not related to Local or WordPress. We’re seeing if there is a workaround and trying to follow updates from a bug report submitted with Apple.

In the short-term, a TL;DR of the linked forum post - install iTerm on your machine and then open Preferences > Appearance & Behavior and set your default Terminal to iTerm. Since this is specific to Terminal on macOS 13, this workaround has resolved the issue for other users.

2 Likes

i opening the shell via the ‘Open site shell’ button in Local not working.

Error
“LMUpKEnby.sh” can’t be opened because (null) is not allowed to open documents in Terminal.

I don’t know how to fix it.

thank you.

Hi @sukontar.sa - thanks for using Local! I merged your post here to keep discussion about this issue in the same place. See my update and a workaround here/above - macOS 13 Ventura and Open Site Shell - #41 by austinwendt

Thank you for the welcome, for the explanation, and for the fix!

1 Like

Or simply delete the com.apple.provenance and com.apple.quarantine attributes from Local app and restart the machine.

1 Like

When I try to run that .sc script in the folder from the command line, it opens up xcode instead of terminal. :person_shrugging:

Drag and drop the script on the Terminal.app

O.k.
First; sorry for the late response, somehow I don’t get notifications and being busy with work made me forget to check myself;

• Yes, I restarted the machine, about 4 times since my last post. (Love how macs stay stable without reboots for months on end) and it did not help.

but

I just upgraded to the latest version, saw the problem was still there, came back here, saw your reply, and tested it; rebooted immediately after removing the attributes, and now the open site shell link works as expected.

Thank you!

Hey all - just following up here before the thread resolves itself. To summarize the long thread… :slight_smile:

This was due to a permissions change in macOS Ventura and how Local was launching Terminal. We changed our approach and released the fix in Local v6.7.1 (and patched in v6.7.2, as we broke non-Terminal shells…) but it is resolved!

If you still have any issues, please let us know, but this should be behind us.

3 Likes

@austinwendt Thanks for the follow up and the fix! :nerd_face:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.