Null is not allowed to open documents in Terminal when trying to open site shell

Issue Summary

When clicking on Open site Shell, an error occurs: (Null) is not allowed to open documents in Terminal on a brand new install of LocalWP.

Troubleshooting Questions

• Does this happen for all sites in Local, or just one in particular?
    all sites

• Are you able to create a new, plain WordPress site in Local and access it in a Browser?
    yes

Replication

Just happened when I installed Local on my new MacBook. I’ve tried to authorize full disk access to Terminal and LocalWP in Mac Settings, but without success.

Any idea? I’m using Local for years but it’s the first time I have this issue. If I manually launch the .sh file in Application Support / Local / ssh-entry, it works. So it just a file access I guess.

System Details

• Which version of Local is being used?

• What Operating System (OS) and OS version is being used?
    MacOS Ventura

• Attach the Local Log. See this Help Doc for instructions on how to do so:
    local-logs.zip (8.4 KB)

If I switch to Hyper, it works, thanks to this thread:

But I’m still curious to find out why it doesn’t work with Terminal app.

Hey @maximebj - I posted an update here - macOS 13 Ventura and Open Site Shell - #41 by austinwendt

In short, we think it is an underlying bug in macOS 13 with Terminal, as it has appeared in other online communities/apps that are unrelated to Local or WordPress. Interacting with Terminal appears to have some issues, and a bug report was filed with Apple for the issue. We’re still digging on our end to see if there is a workaround in the mean-time.

Download iTerm and set that as the default terminal for Local. It works.

Ok thanks !
In the meanwhile I reinstalled Hyper and set it by default. Everything works well.
Thank you for the update.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.