I have to assume this is on the roadmap but it would be great to have true Development, Staging, Production workflow using Local. The ideal process would be:
Login to Flywheel from Local
Download a current production or staging site (or create a new project if neither exist). (Local <- Flywheel )
Make changes on development as intended. (Local)
Push changes from Local to Staging (Local -> Flywheel)
Push staging to production within Flywheel. (Flywheel)
p.s. - Is there an official roadmap?
Amen! That would be extremely useful. I’m struggling with the same right now.
I feel without this option the staging environment can not be accessed in the workflow with out first:
- pushing from local to live then pulling live to staging ( This is not very intuitive)
- or manually uploading changes from local to staging via sftp ( slow and isolated from the local / push / pull functionality ).
This would be perfect!
Pull und Push to online staging directly.
additional: having backups of local dev environment with easy switch back and forward (automatic and manuel)
additional2: sync local dev environment between 2 or more Computers (persons) files and databses
additional3: load Online Backup to local dev
Would really like to see this flow - are there plans to implement this?
This would be an awesome addition I am wanting to do the same workflow. Local–>Staging–>Production
That would be extremely helpful, to choose to which environment local changes should be pushed to.
Our current workflow looks like this and it’s a bummer that we can’t use the push feature from local by flywheel anymore (due to enabling the stage). Theme and plugin related code lives in gitlab.
- Push changes to gitlab
- Continuous deployment from gitlab to stage via sftp
- Manual DB push from local machine to stage
- Manually move changes from stage to production via button in flywheel dashboard