My Live Link Wont Work. Warning! This site's WordPress URL settings do not match the host set in Local

What issue or error are you experiencing?

I tried creating a Live Link, and when i did I get an error message “ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS”

I later see a warning that says “Warning! This site’s WordPress URL settings do not match the host set in Local.” I clicked fix it and the message goes away but the site link does not work. How can I fix this. I have to share the link asap. Thank you.

What steps can be taken to replicate the issue? Feel free to include screenshots, videos, etc

Every time i click the Live Link

System Details

• Local Version: Version 9.0.5+6706

• Operating System (OS) and OS version:

Local Logs

Attach your Local Logs here (Help Doc - Retrieving Local’s Log)

Security Reminder
Local does a pretty good job of scrubbing private info from the logs and the errors it produces, however there’s always the possibility that something private can come through. Because these are public forums, always review the screenshots you are sharing to make sure there isn’t private info like passwords being displayed.

Hi @dioni.cordova

Do you have any plugins with redirects or that try to force HTTPS? You might try deactivating all plugins if you aren’t sure to see if that resolves the issue.

We have some more steps for Troubleshooting Live Links below as well if you want to check those:

I deleted any plugin to do with redirects. I still get the same error, i tried opening site shell but I just get a loading screen. and nothing happens.
Screenshot 2024-09-26 at 9.00.46 AM

Can you share your MacOS version @dioni.cordova?

Hi Nick, yes im on macOS Sonoma Version 14.4.1

Can you send a screenshot of your Local app?

Sure see attached. please lmk if this works.

Live Links won’t work in Localhost so you’ll have to change your Router Mode to Site Domains.

Preferences>Advanced>Router Mode

I changed it and the warning is back.

I clicked Fix it. I got the loading pop up and it now disappeared but I still get that ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS

Does that error appear if you open the Live Link in a different browser window or in an incognito window?

Also if you open the dev tool console in your browser do you see any errors in there like Mixed or Insecure Content? If that is the case then you might have to do some manual S/R work to get things working.

Yes, i still get the error in incognito or i tried safari also. I looked at the errors and this is the only one i get.

You could try running a search and replace to ensure all URLs are routing to HTTPS. We have some instructions for that here:

I tried following those instructions earlier but its asking me to open the site shell and I get a text box that keeps loading and doesnt complete.
Screenshot 2024-09-26 at 9.00.46 AM

I’m not sure what you mean. You’re right where you need to be. You can just run your S/R command right after the %

Thank you Nick, i figured it out, i ran the s/r and i still got the same error. I ended up deactivating all plugins again and it was WP-Supersized by Version 3.1.6 | By [Benoit De Boeck] that gave me the issue. I’m all set now and link is working. Thank you so much for your help!

1 Like

Glad to hear that @dioni.cordova! Thank you for sharing your update here and for your patience in troubleshooting.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.