Unable to start local wordpress

What issue or error are you experiencing?

Hi there!

I was able to use Local with no problem until the port was automatically changed to 10004. When I access localhost:10004 I see You are not an administrator. and that’s all. No console or network errors. But I can access the db at localhost 10005

• Local Version:
    the latest version
  • Operating System (OS) and OS version:
    mac Sonoma 14.4.1
  • extra:
  • I am an administrator
  • no antivirus, firewall activated or MAMP/XAMPP etc
  • regular site

Hi @betty

What happens when you change back to Site Domains?

Preferences>Advanced>Router Mode>Site Domains

1 Like

It works <3 Thank you! Any idea why it doesn’t work on localhost?

Another question related to it it when I use the live link using a mobile phone the same error as above shows up, live links are not available for mobile?

It works <3 Thank you! Any idea why it doesn’t work on localhost?

It’s tough to say. Generally speaking we would look for a handful of common culprits but it seems like you’ve ruled those out in your original post i.e. other dev or security applications. Are you on an office/work network?

Another question related to it it when I use the live link using a mobile phone the same error as above shows up, live links are not available for mobile?

Live Links should work for mobile. When you’re using mobile are you connected to WiFi or using your data? If you were running into issues on Localhost it could be a cached response.

I am on a normal network I guess haha what I mean it’s that I don’t any special security I think.
Mobile related I used mobile data not wifi

I just tested it with incognito mode and I see the same message You are not an administrator.

This was on your mobile or on your desktop?

Both devices. Might be a mac issue, tried on a windows device and it worked perfectly

I don’t know that it’s Mac-specific as we can’t replicate, but it seems like on your particular machine, some sort of permissions or security lockdown happening. I’m glad to hear that it’s working fine for you on Windows!