PHP 8.2 Support

@austinwendt Do we need Local 7.1.2 to be able to download the latest PHP 8.2 binaries? I have php-8.2.8+0 installed but I don’t see any update button?

If you go to ~/Library/Local/lightning-services/ and remove the current php8.2, you will be asked to download it again. This provides the newer version 8.2.8+1.

I realize this isn’t the easiest way to accomplish this. I’ve had a non-functional ‘Update’ link next to PHP 8.2.8 on Local 7.1.0.

@afragen Yeah, I know but I noticed in the release notes for the Local 7.1.2 beta that this has been resolved.

@adamperry @austinwendt Bummer that your pull request was rejected due to problems with esc_cmd().

Hey @emmtre - are you on Apple Silicon? Were you able to get this resolved?

Hi all - I’m going to move this to our Resolved Feature Requests category as PHP 8.2 is available for all operating systems.

The new automation is working well! So well that versions like PHP 8.2.10 and PHP 8.1.23 are already available in Local - less than 2 weeks is much better than we’ve averaged historically :slight_smile:

@emmtre I owe you a response about WP-CLI in another thread, but I will follow up with you.

2 Likes

Thanks @austinwendt! It is great to have them available so quickly!

Any word on PHP 8.3 availability since it’s due for release in November?

@arecian you bet, we’re glad too!

PHP 8.3 RC 2 came out yesterday, it looks like. The way our automation is configured, as soon as it is marked as officially supported (we pull from their API), it will enter our pipeline and binaries will be generated. We’ll do some quick tests to make sure nothing looks broken and then mark them as available for testing! By marking them available, this means they’ll start appearing in the dropdown inside Local.

3 Likes

Yes the new automation is a big step forward. Congrats to the entire team who made this possible.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Following up here for @arecian and anyone else since there was a lot of discussion around PHP releases in this thread. Our new automation workflow for PHP rollouts has worked very well. The latest Local release is out now and includes PHP 8.3 for those interested. Happy Developing :green_heart:

2 Likes