PHP modules missing

Issue Summary

Tools > Site Health says:

One or more recommended modules are missingPerformance

PHP modules perform most of the tasks on the server that make your site run. Any changes to these must be made by your server administrator.

• Warning The optional module, fileinfo, is not installed, or has been disabled.
  • Warning The optional module, imagick, is not installed, or has been disabled.
  • Warning The optional module, intl, is not installed, or has been disabled.

Troubleshooting Questions

• This happens just for this website.

• Are you able to create a new, plain WordPress site in Local and access it in a Browser? Yes.

System Details

• Which version of Local is being used? 6.4.3.

• What Operating System (OS) and OS version is being used?

• Windows 11 Pro 64-bit.
  • Attach the Local Log. See this Help Doc for instructions on how to do so:

1 Like

@austinwendt Do you have any information on this? I too have downloaded the latest 6.4.3 and deleted the php directory under my Local directory so that it pulls down PHP again. But I am still not getting Intl extension on existing sites and new sites created under 6.4.3.

Easy steps, create a new site and click the info icon next to the PHP version and search for Intl. Nothing is found. I see it is listed in the php.ini.hbs file, but it isn’t loading in for the sites.

I am running on a Mac BTW

1 Like

I was running under 8.0.0 but just switched to 8.0.22 and intl seems to be included.

@s.doig I am also seeing fileinfo and imagick when switched over to PHP 8.0.22

@austinwendt You might want to notate that you have to choose the later version of 8.0 in order to have these new extensions as you just mention we need to download the latest LocalWP for it. But in reality you also have to switch PHP versions.

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback - I’ll address the two separately.

We are in the process of patching the file-info (on Windows - I am unable to repro on a Mac, you were seeing this as well?). This will be in the upcoming release. The DLL is present but we missed a line in the php.ini file. If you need to add it (again, speaking about Windows), you can add this line to your site’s php.ini file -

extension=php_fileinfo.dll

intl extension - good catch, we’re in the process of merging the two patch versions, and will only offer PHP 8.0.22 in the upcoming release. This should only affect existing sites, as new sites created with 8.0 will reference the latest patch. If that doesn’t line up with what you were seeing, let me know. I just created a PHP 8.0.0 site on my Mac using Local v6.4.3 and intl is included.

One more clarifcation - @s.doig the missing imagick is expected for the time being, but we’ve got it on our backlog! The other two, like I said, are actively being addressed.

@austinwendt Thank you Austin, adding the

extension=php_fileinfo.dll

to php.ini resolved that for me.

1 Like

Update on this one - thankfully, with changes we made in our latest release of Local, updates to our PHP versions and their extensions don’t require a new build. Our engineering team just deployed the updated PHP versions that include the file-info extension for Windows. Thanks for flagging that!

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.