PHP web server issue on Mac (Mojave)

Issue Summary

Duplicator: PHP web server issue on Mac (Mojave)

Hi all, I’m a newbie without extensive IT knowledge. My simple Wordpress website was created by a web designer and I’ve taken over the job of maintaining it.
Using the Local and the WordPress Duplicator plugin I’ve copy and backed up my website to my Mac computer (OS 10.14.6) to be able to experiment with possible amendments before making any changes to the public website.

My local site (PHP 7.3.5, WordPress 5.6, Webserver ngin) shows the ‘Hello World’ message and I can access the dashboard.

I understand the purpose of PHP (scripting language) and mysql (database management). I can see the copied mysql and php folders listed on the computer.

Problem: In order to reproduce the public site on the local site I believe that I need to run the installer script by browsing the computer website http:/[mywebsite]/installer.php but when I attempt it I get the notification:

‘If you're seeing this text when browsing to the installer, it means your web server is not set up properly.

Please contact your host and ask them to enable "PHP" processing on your account’

Any guidance will be much appreciated.

Reply_One or two sentence summary of the issue._

Troubleshooting Questions

• Does this happen for all sites in Local, or just one in particular?

• Are you able to create a new, plain WordPress site in Local and access it in a Browser?

Replication

Describe the steps that others can take to replicate this issue. If you have screenshots that can help clarify what is happening, please include them!

System Details

• Which version of Local is being used?

• What Operating System (OS) and OS version is being used?

• For example: macOS Catalina or Windows 10 Professional
  • Attach the Local Log. See this Community Forum post for instructions on how to do so:

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.