Possible conflict with Site Kit

What issue or error are you experiencing?

I developed some website in Local, when I migrate them to the final location and try to connect Google Analytics through the Site Kit plugin, the snippet can’t be found.

What steps can be taken to replicate the issue? Feel free to include screenshots, videos, etc

All services are connected and I even tried disabling all other plugins and switching to a default theme.
When I download a new Wordpress install directly from the Wordpress website and set this up straight on our hosting platform, there seems to be no issue. Is it possible that Local does some changes to a couple of files that would explain this? I already contacted our hosting provider and the support team of Site Kit, but we can’t seem to find the issue.

System Details

• Local Version: Version 8.1.0+6514
  • Operating System (OS) and OS version: Sonoma 14.1.1

Hi there @Thessa -

To clarify, are you adding the Site Kit plugin after you migrate the site from Local to the hosting platform?

Or are you adding it locally, configuring settings, and then migrating?

Thanks!

Sam

Hi @sambrockway,

It depends, sometimes I already install the plugin so it’s already there when we’re launching the website, other times I install it after the website is already migrated. I do always wait to configure the settings until after the migration.

Hi @Thessa -

Got it. I would recommend waiting to add the plugin until after the site has been migrated. I don’t see anything in Site Kit that would suggest Local is stripping anything, but it’s possible something during the migration process is.

That said, if the snippet is still missing once you’ve migrated the site + add the plugin on the hosted site, you may want to connect with the Site Kit support team about manually adding that snippet in.

Let me know if this helps,

Sam