Problem connecting my local dev server to my remote database

Issue Summary

My database (SQL Pro and Adminer) logins are using the wrong credentials.

Troubleshooting Questions

I had to change the DB credentials within the wp-config.php file because for some reason the file import when creating the local site did not include/use my imported file. When I open SQL Pro I cannot access my remote DB, and the credentials within SQL pro (and Adminer) are not using my remote site credentials that had been changed in the wp-config.php file. The credentials listed under the ‘Database’ tab list my remote site credentials as expected.

I can open a new window within SQL Pro and manually enter in the correct credentials listed under the ‘database’ tab (within the Local interface) and successfully log in to my remote database locally.

Side Note: Whenever I run the local server and visit the dev host I get redirected to my live site. This problem may or may not be related. I might need to create a copy of my remote database and change the paths so that this issue doesn’t arise, but I’m not sure.

System Details

• Which version of Local is being used?

• What Operating System (OS) and OS version is being used?
    MacOs Sierra 10.12.6 (cannot upgrade to 10.13 in order to use newer version of Local)

• Attach the Local Log.
    (upload://A4hwstrzdPZdkaDOFh03drmuHcq.log) (101.8 KB)

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.