Pulling Site (Flywheel V. 7.2 / mac Ventura 13.4)

What issue or error are you experiencing?

Hey Team,
I’ve been having an issue lately when trying to pull sites down from from Flywheel. I can create a new site and pull it down sucessfully the first time. But when I try to pull it again, I’m constantly getting the error: “Uh-oh! We rain into an issue when pulling from Flywheel.” This really slowing my development time, as I have to keep re-creating the site, getting the SSH key allowed via Keychain. I’m starting to think it’s better if I got back to Mamp.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

What steps can be taken to replicate the issue? Feel free to include screenshots, videos, etc

System Details

• Local Version:
  • Operating System (OS) and OS version:
    mac Ventura 13.4

Local Logs

Attach your Local Logs here (Help Doc - Retrieving Local’s Log)

Security Reminder
Local does a pretty good job of scrubbing private info from the logs and the errors it produces, however there’s always the possibility that something private can come through. Because these are public forums, always review the screenshots you are sharing to make sure there isn’t private info like passwords being displayed.

local-logs.zip (49.6 KB)

Hi @914digital

We’re seeing a lot of errors in your log like these:

{"thread":"main","class":"FlywheelPullService","message":"Error: EACCES: permission denied, lstat '/Volumes/LaCie/Local Sites/newsroom2023/app/public/wp-content/cache/asp'","level":"error","timestamp":"2023-09-13T18:33:24.505Z"}

And your router log looks like this:

2023/09/13 10:46:52 [error] 82201#0: *61 kevent() reported that connect() failed (61: Connection refused) while connecting to upstream, client: ::1, server: appa.local, request: "GET /favicon.ico HTTP/1.1", upstream: "http://127.0.0.1:10003/favicon.ico", host: "appa.local", referrer: "http://appa.local/wp-admin/"

Generally when we see these we would recommend checking permissions, and seeing if there are any security applications that could be blocking Local. Typically this is more common with Windows users.

Another potential culprit would be if you’re already workflow with other developer applications. You mentioned MAMP. If you’re using that already or others like XAMPP or Docker these could be competing and preventing Local from doing what it needs to.

Hey Nick,
Thanks for getting back at me so fast. This is a brand new machine. I have no MAMP or any other local development software installed but Local.

Where would I check permissions for Flywheel?

Thanks!

The permission error would be tied to something on your machine. For a Windows user, we would usually point to something like an antivirus or firewall blocker. Is there anything extra or different about your security setup or do you just rely on native features?

Another issue could be if you moved any files or folders. Possibly something even got shifted during an update.

Ah. So my Local Sites folder is located on an external Lacie hard drive. (I have a lot of sites and don’t want to put all that info on my hard drive.) Is there anything I can look at in terms of permissions on the Lacie?

Right now it says I have read and write permissions.

Hi @914digital

I’m not for certain what you may need to set there but does it have an option to “allow” Local? Or to give “admin” access? It might be something like that.

As a test can you try pulling a site straight to your machine instead of the external drive and see if things work normally that way?

Hey Nick,
Sure. What’s the default path for Local?

If you click on the database tab you should see the path but mine looks like this on Ventura 13.5:

/Users/nickb/Library/Application Support/Local/...

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.