Hey guys… so I made a large mistake recently while trying to troubleshoot an issue on my VirtualBox software while messing with another Virtual Machine, and I deleted a bunch of files related to the Local By Flywheel virtual box (I know… rookie mistake).
I did have access to the “Local Sites” file on my Mac with all of the local sites that I had on the Local installation, however none of them worked anymore on Local. I went ahead and backed those sites up from that folder, do an external hard drive, and am now trying everything to restore that on a new Local Installation.
Here’s the situation:
- Backed up all Local Sites from old Local Sites folder
- Completely uninstalled Local by Flywheel from my Mac, including local sites folder, host file, virtual box, everything.
- Completely reinstalled a fresh Local by Flywheel version with no data at all
So now I am trying to figure out how to get these old Local sites from the Local sites folder, into the new Local installation.
I have tried everything I can think of including:
- Compressing one of the backed up local sites and dragging it into Local interface. I get an error.
- Dragging uncompressed local site file into the “Local Sites” folder created by the new local installation. Nothing happens.
- Doing both of those and then updating the host file using a template from a test site that I created in the new Local installation. Nothing happens.
I can list all of the errors if necessary, but I am trying to keep the problem pretty straight forward in that I have all of my old Local sites backed up, and a fresh new Local installation, I just need to know how to get those old Local sites back into the new installation.
Thanks in advance for your help!