Selecting Divi Home Page as Static

Issue Summary

I’m using LocalWP for the first time and have imported several Divi layout pages. Usually I would go to my WP dashboard --> Settings --> Reading and select my home page as static, but there is no such choice.

How to I select my home page as static when using LocalWP?

Troubleshooting Questions

• Does this happen for all sites in Local, or just one in particular?

• Are you able to create a new, plain WordPress site in Local and access it in a Browser?

Replication

Describe the steps that others can take to replicate this issue. If you have screenshots that can help clarify what is happening, please include them!

System Details

• Which version of Local is being used? 5.9.0

• What Operating System (OS) and OS version is being used? macOS Mojave 10.14.6

• For example: macOS Catalina or Windows 10 Professional
  • Attach the Local Log. See this Community Forum post for instructions on how to do so:

Setting the static homepage should be the same in Local as it is in other environments. I just tried this with the most recent version of Local and that setting appears to be there:

Have you tried accessing that setting from a new, plain WordPress site? Additionally, are other plugins being installed on this site that might affect how this setting is displayed?

Thank you for replying.

When I went to publish a page in LocalWP it gave me the following choices [Public], [Private] & [Password Protected]. Since the site is just being build I didn’t think the [Public] choice was appropriate so I chose the [Private] choice. I learned that the [Public] choice didn’t mean it was going live for all the world to see. When I chose the [Public] choice my issue was resolved and I was able to select a static home page.

That makes sense, thanks for replying with what the issue was along with how to fix!

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.