Service Unavailable after update

After the latest update, website stops working.

I got the message

Service Unavailable

The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.

Tried all sorts of things to get it to work again, no luck.

At the end, I created the new installation, created new site, without anything (out of the box) Apache, PHP 8.0.22, opens ok, then when I try to go to the admin panel, logs in and same message shows up.

Tried on iMac with Mojave and on Macbook with Big sur, same thing

1 Like

One new thing, re-installed everything from, scratch, out of the box wordpress, nothing changed, when I switch to PHP 8.0.22 I get

in Unknown
    in _
    in ul
    in u
    in div
    in div
    in Unknown
    in A
    in A
    in e
    in o
    in Unknown
    in e
    in div
    in o
    in n
    in div
    in c
    in e
    in o
    in Unknown
    in e
    in l
    in div
    in y
    in Unknown
    in e
    in o
    in Unknown
    in e
    in I
    in t
    in MobXProvider
    in Unknown

Hi @doodoole! Does this still happen after restarting Local or performing a reboot of your machine?

Could you attach a copy of your Local Log? Retrieving Local’s Log File

Hi @Nick-B , managed to re-install the old version (6.3.1), so I can finish the updates on the site I am working at the moment.

It should go online on Tuesday, so I will be able to install the latest version then and try again.

1 Like

I’m also experiencing the same issues. Was there any update on this? @Nick-B

Reinstalled Local, reinstalled my sites, tried fresh WP installs - all have the same 503 Service Unavailable

Hi @Lewisdev94! Happy to look. Can you provide a copy of your Local Log? Retrieving Local’s Log File

same issue. Not good cant work !!!?

Hi @bomakalu can you share a copy of your Local Log?

local-lightning copy.log (457.9 KB)
I cannot work now as none of my sites use less than php 8?
have u got a fix asap as ur update broke it all??

Hi @bomakalu - What OS are you currently on?

Did you try this already?

• Closing Local,
  • Deleting this folder: Mac: ~/Library/Application Support/Local/lightning-services
  • Relaunching Local
  • Check if issue persists

After deleting the lightning-services folder, create a new site with the PHP version, web server, and database that you want. It’s actually important to do this step immediately afterwards.

After Local installs the new services you can open your site.

2 Likes

Hi tried it but its not working

mac os 10.13.6

I am out of ideas till u post a fix!!

This worked!

@afragen solution seemed to work for me, no more 503. Thanks!

3 Likes

Im encountering the same issue, any luck?

Hi @Lewisdev94

This issue should be resolved now in the latest Local release. Can you try updating to that? Releases - Local

1 Like

Hi @bnjmnrsh -

This issue should now be resolved in the latest Local release, which can be downloaded from the Releases page here:

Want to try that and let us know if it helps?

Sam

To be honest its a bit scary as i had to go back and use older versions
can u explain how u fixed it as i dont want to lose half a day again?
thanks

1 Like

This stinks, and why I hate updates. I updated Local, and now here I am on the forums, because none of my sites work anymore. Yay! No really… none of my sites work anymore.

I’ve tried many different configs, including new site with recommended settings, nothing I’m trying is working. I just hopped on my computer, hit update (i wasn’t gonna but actually decided to this time) and my sites are gone! nice.

And the other threads are closed. I get 503 with Apache, and 502 with Nginx, nothing is working. Are they able to REVERT the changes they made that broke everything?

@bomakalu Thanks for the tip probably using an old version would work.

Also, tried deleting “lightning-services” folder as I saw above? Didn’t work.

(P.S) I’m on MacOS v10.15.2 maybe that’s the problem? Not that old, wish it still worked. Local v6.5.2.

1 Like

Same problem here on macos 10.13.6. Only one of my sites in Local work. Wonder why! It’s the only one where Local can find the installed Wordpress Version which is in that case 5.8.1
Why is it? What happened to the other sites?

TOPIC UPDATE
I rolled back to v6.4.3 and imported all sites from local folder again (by zipping and drag/drop).