Site health issue in WP admin: background updates may not be working properly - Mac

Hello,

I hope that all is well.

I am working with Local 7.1 0+6396 on a MacBook Pro. No matter what theme I install, I keep getting a site health issue “background updates may not be working properly. * Warning The folder /Users/nicolet202 was detected as being under version control (.git).”

May I please ask, what does this mean and how can I fix it? (I have looked in my site folder and cannot find anything to help me understand this.)

Thank you so much for your time and consideration.

Kind regards always,
Nicole

your t### What steps can be taken to replicate the issue? Feel free to include screenshots, videos, etc

System Details

• Local Version:

• Operating System (OS) and OS version:

Local Logs

Attach your Local Logs here (Help Doc - Retrieving Local’s Log)

Security Reminder
Local does a pretty good job of scrubbing private info from the logs and the errors it produces, however there’s always the possibility that something private can come through. Because these are public forums, always review the screenshots you are sharing to make sure there isn’t private info like passwords being displayed.

Hi @nicolet301

Site Health runs several tests on your website and is designed to show areas of potential improvement. The results that are returned are categorized as Critical, Recommended, and Good. Because Local is meant to be an offline development tool there might be some false positives included in these results. Background updates may not be working properly is a false positive because this isn’t a live, hosted site that may be relying on Auto-Updates to things like WordPress versioning. For example, if you pull or create a site in Local to troubleshoot a specific WordPress/PHP version you wouldn’t want your site to suddenly get updated to a different version automatically. Your needs may change however if you one day move this site to a host.

Hi Nick-B,

I hope that all is well.

Thank you so much for your reply and guidance. I appreciate it and wish you and yours a great, safe weekend!

Kind regards always,
Nicole

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.