Site Health Status - The REST API encountered an error

Site Health Status - The REST API encountered an error

Hello guys … i was using local for while and it was good so far … yasterday suddenly i saw this ( Site Health Status - The REST API encountered an error ) and i dont know why or what did i do to see this problem … please i need help fast cuz my clients cant wait :face_with_head_bandage:

NOTE !! all the sites i worked on before in local was running so well … when this error poped up all the sites i worked on before now have the same problem

Here is my logs

error.log (208.0 KB)

local-lightning.log (200.9 KB)

Hey @Ahmed1, Welcome to the Local Community Forums!

I’m seeing this line in the Local log:

{"thread":"main","level":"error","stack":"Error: Access denied.\n    at TLSSocket.<anonymous> (%%appPath%%\\node_modules\\@getflywheel\\localtunnel\\lib\\TunnelConnectionCluster.js:59:28)\n    at Object.onceWrapper (events.js:422:26)\n    at TLSSocket.emit (events.js:327:22)\n    at TLSSocket.EventEmitter.emit (domain.js:467:12)\n    at addChunk (internal/streams/readable.js:309:12)\n    at readableAddChunk (internal/streams/readable.js:284:9)\n    at TLSSocket.Readable.push (internal/streams/readable.js:223:10)\n    at TLSWrap.onStreamRead (internal/stream_base_commons.js:188:23)","message":"Access denied.","timestamp":"2021-09-28T15:54:48.987Z"}

Usually with that Error: Access denied error, there’s something preventing Local from doing something.

Since the site is having issues making requests to the WP REST API, there’s likely something like a new security setting (maybe Windows Defender updated something?) or a change in the Antivirus software’s settings.

You might take a look in either of those places to see if settings changed. Another thing you might try is making a backup of your sites in Local, and then re-installing Local to re-register everything with Windows.

The problem is that windows defender update him self automaticlly so i cant downgrade … what should i do now ?? re-install Local ??

It’s hard to know exactly what’s going on. Re-installing Local might be a good idea.

Maybe as a first step, you try restoring the sites to a new ones in Local? You can use a backup of the site, or try using the files for the site by following the steps outlined in the “Restoring From Only Local Site files” section of this help doc:

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.