Site shell not using LocalWP's PHP

Issue Summary

I’m trying to use wp-cli, but when using “Open site shell”, wp-cli commands do not work because of my PHP version. I see correct PHP version being loaded (7.4) at the start of the shell session, but which php shows me it is using Homebrew’s PHP install, which is at 8.2.1. As much as I’d love to use 8+, I’m blocked by an old plugin.

I also noticed which wp shows the locally installed version of wp-cli from Homebrew instead of Local (I’m assuming there’s a separate install from Local). If I uninstall it, I do not have a wp command available to me using the site shell.

I have a feeling this is related to my $PATH order, but I have things working nicely on my machine, so I’m hesitant to start messing around with it, especially since I don’t really understand how Local works and how it handles PHP versions and installs, so I’m not even sure where to begin. Hopefully someone can shed some light.

System Details

• Which version of Local is being used?

• What Operating System (OS) and OS version is being used?

• MacOS 13.1 Ventura

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.