Stuck at creating new site

Hi,
Installed local fresh and im stuck at creating new site.

Also, here is my log local-lightning.log (99.7 KB) error.log (126 Bytes)

Im using windows 10… Already done reinstalling but still no luck… I also searched the forum but nothing works for me…

Please advice…
TY TY

Can anyone help?

Looking at the Local log, I’m seeing this error:

{"thread":"main","level":"error","stack":"Error: Unable to read hosts file at C:\\Windows\\System32\\drivers\\etc\\hosts\n    at Function.HostsFileService.shouldUpdateHosts (%%appPath%%\\main\\dns\\hostsFileService.js:1:1711)\n    at Function.<anonymous> (%%appPath%%\\main\\dns\\hostsFileService.js:1:1245)\n    at Function.flush (%%appPath%%\\node_modules\\debounce-promise\\dist\\index.js:54:74)\n    at listOnTimeout (internal/timers.js:531:17)\n    at processTimers (internal/timers.js:475:7)","message":"Unable to read hosts file at C:\\Windows\\System32\\drivers\\etc\\hosts","timestamp":"2021-02-22T21:19:41.018Z"}

Note the Error: Unable to read hosts file at... part.

The hosts file is what the computer uses to know where to look for a site. Local updates this file so the computer knows where to look for the sites that Local creates.

While this isn’t the exact same error, you might take a look at this FAQ to see if that helps get Local to be able to edit the Hosts file:

Thank you!!!
It works… host file didnt exist it was named host_old renamed and it worked… 2 mins creating the wordpress :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.