Suddenly can't reach site after system restart

Issue Summary

After working locally for a few hours, I closed Local and restarted my computer. After the restart, when I start the site in Local and click “Open Site” the Chrome tab just spins for a while and finally shows an error screen that the server took too long to respond. This is incredibly strange because I’ve been working on this particular site for a few months now with no issues. As a matter of fact, I’ve been using Local by Flywheel for client work without any issues since around 2019!

Troubleshooting Questions

• Does this happen for all sites in Local, or just one in particular?
    This is only happening with this 1 site at the moment.

• Are you able to create a new, plain WordPress site in Local and access it in a Browser?
    Yes. I created a new site and can access it without issues. It’s just this one site that is suddenly inaccessible.

Replication

I’m not sure how one could replicate this because it seems like such a random, unexpected issue, but one could attempt to restart their computer and then access a site. Attached are 2 screenshots of the chrome error screen that displays after a while - one in incognito mode.

System Details

• Which version of Local is being used?
    Version 6.1.8+5621

• What Operating System (OS) and OS version is being used?
    macOS Big Sur 11.6.1

• Attach the Local Log. See this Community Forum post for instructions on how to do so:
    local-lightning-verbose.log (194.5 KB)
    local-lightning.log (90.7 KB)

Security Reminder

Local does a pretty good job of scrubbing private info from the logs and the errors it produces, however there’s always the possibility that something private can come through. Because these are public forums, always review the screenshots you are sharing to make sure there isn’t private info like passwords being displayed.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.