Taking too much time to open the site

Hello,

I’m a huge fan of localWP, but it’s not working well for me. It’s very slow to while opening the site and updating the plugin, around 5-6 minutes. I made a new local site, but it was the same.

I got an error message while using the new site.

An unexpected error occurred. Something may be wrong with WordPress.org or this server’s configuration. If you continue to have problems, please try the [support forums](https://wordpress.org/support/forums/).

Refer to the screenshots:

Can someone help me with this?

Sincerely,
Abhishek

Hi @primeabhishek

What is your OS and Local version?

You might find some helpful tips to try on our guide here: Troubleshooting Performance issues in Local - Local

Hello, @Nick-B

Thanks for the quick response.

I am using Windows 10 & the Local version is 6.7.0 (Latest)

Hi @primeabhishek

On the document I sent above, there are some troubleshooting steps specifically for Windows you can try as well. If you’ve gone through the doc and nothing is helping let us know!

Hello @Nick-B

I changed the site domain according to the document and the wp-admin opened quickly.

However, the WordPress still slow when I clicked on the plugin tab.

Hi @primeabhishek

The error is kind of vague, and could point at some different things being the culprit.

Do you have any antivirus, security, or firewall applications running?

Are you using a VPN or an alternative network?

What settings do you have for your site? Preferred? Or Custom?

Can you provide a copy of your Local log? Retrieving Local’s Log File

Hello @Nick-B

I don’t currently use any third-party antivirus software or VPN. However, I have setup custom settings for my website.

Please refer to the logs files:

local-lightning-verbose.log (833.8 KB)
local-lightning.log (195.0 KB)

@primeabhishek

The logs are full of timeout errors and Could not Update Hosts. It seems like some connection trouble is still at play and something within your setup could be blocking Local from completing requests.

If you change your router mode does that make any difference? What is Router Mode? - Local

If you create a new, blank site do you get the same error or does it work normally?

What are the custom settings you have set up for this site?

Sorry for the delayed response. @Nick-B

I just changed the router mode to localhost and the wp login page worked faster, but the wordpress site is still slow.

I did a test with a new site, but it was still slow as before.

I checked the settings and they were already set to preferred by default. I didn’t use the custom option. I entered my own username and password when I set up the WordPress configuration.

Hi there @primeabhishek -

Do you have Xdebug enabled for this site?

As far as special configurations, can you tell us a little more about that?

Sam

Hello, @sambrockway

It’s been disabled.

I am getting this issue on the plugin page. Please refer to the below attachment screenshot:

Hi @primeabhishek -

Have you by chance tried manually uploading the plugins?

Let me know if you don’t know how to do that!

Sam

Hello, again @sambrockway

No upload option available. This issue can be one of the reasons for the slowness of WordPress.

I can upload the plugin manually, what are the solution to fix?

Hi @primeabhishek

Have you reviewed the document here to see if you have any conflicting applications? What is Router Mode? - Local

What folder are your sites saved in? Some users have seen improvements by moving their site out of the default path (C:\Users\{user-name}\Local Sites) and placing the site in another folder. This file path can be set during site creation. A global default for new sites can be set in Local’s Preferences.

Hello, @Nick-B

I just moved all files from Local Sites to RouteLocal

Can you please confirm, Is this correct?

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.