Uh-oh Unable to Provision site I need help

What issue or error are you experiencing?

When I click on create site I get an Unable to provision site Error.

-I have un-installed and re-installed local many times
-I have no special characters
-I am on Windows 10
-I am on Local Version Version 7.2.1+6433

What steps can be taken to replicate the issue? Feel free to include screenshots, videos, etc

System Details

• Local Version:

• Operating System (OS) and OS version:

Local Logs

Attach your Local Logs here (Help Doc - Retrieving Local’s Log)

Security Reminder
Local does a pretty good job of scrubbing private info from the logs and the errors it produces, however there’s always the possibility that something private can come through. Because these are public forums, always review the screenshots you are sharing to make sure there isn’t private info like passwords being displayed.

Hi @itserika18

Can you try changing your Router Mode to Localhost and see if that works? Preferences>Advanced>Router Mode

Hey Nick so I’ve already done that as well. Sometimes I have to run it as admin and it will “create the site” but then I get a second error unable to launch site.

I double checked ports as well and no luck.

Can you share your local log here? There are some different ways to access and share Local Logs. For us to be able to troubleshoot thoroughly, please click the Download Local Logs button from the Support tab in Local. This will generate a zip archive that contains the Local log along with some other diagnostic information to help quickly zero in on any issues that Local is encountering.

local-logs.zip (52.7 KB)
Hey Nick,
Here is my local log. I am also attaching the 2nd Error I get. Sometimes after running Local as an admin, the site appears on Local.

Do you have any antivirus, security, or firewall applications that could be blocking Local? With Windows you might need to check if any native security is blocking Local or if permissions are locked down somewhere.

Are you running other developer applications simultaneously? That could also cause similar issues. Apps like MAMP, XAMPP, or Docker for example.

Hello Nick, I hope you’re having a great week so far.

I was able to get through the steps of the last post unchecked “read-only” and made sure no security tools were blocking local. I also have no other developer applications simultaneously running.

My local is still popping up unable to start the site.

Let me know what else I can provide. I have confidence that you can help me figure this out.

In order to refresh here and start with a clean slate could you give the below troubleshooting steps a try?

• Export any sites that you have on Local and save them to a folder somewhere on your computer.

• Fully uninstall Local from your computer.

• Install the latest version of Local on this link.

• Once installed, please restart the computer.

• When the computer is restarted and turned on, close any applications that automatically run in the background (AntiVirus, Firewall, and other Developer applications included).

• Check and see if the issue still persists. If so, please provide us with an updated log. Retrieving Local’s Log File

Keep us posted and we’d be happy to help further!

Having the same issue on a new Mac.

Log file is attached.

local-logs.zip (5.6 KB)

No antivirus, firewall or other development applications run in background/during startup.

macOS Sonoma 14.0

Apple M2 Pro

Local 7.2.1+6433

Hi @Sridhar

Do you have Rosetta installed on this Mac? Apple Silicon builds still require this for Local at this time.

2 Likes

That fixed it, thanks.

For anyone else wondering how to install Rosetta 2, run this command in the Terminal:

/usr/sbin/softwareupdate --install-rosetta --agree-to-license
1 Like

Hey Nick just an update, I closed the antivirus and firewall, and local is running.

Thank you for the update! So are you good to go now? Or still having issues?

@ itserika18, with this kind of error, it can mean one thing and that’s because your server or database couldn’t start because of corrupt files or incomplete installation.
To fix this, download the latest version of Microsoft VC redistributable C++ from the Microsoft website, and install it. This should fix the problem. Thanks.

I would have provided a download link but I don’t know if that’s against the rules here. Just search for that on Google and download from the Microsoft website.

1 Like

Thank you for the help here @lurdslurv! :green_heart: