Unable to clone

Unable to clone. Gets stuck on adding container. Also, unable to update existing site(s) to new environment-- gets stuck on provisioning.

Using latest Local v2.4.5 on macOS 10.14

1 Like

Same here. Local v2.4.5 on macOS 10.14.1

2 posts were split to a new topic: Unable to Clone sites in Windows 10

Thanks for the versions @atomiccherry, @Antal, and @wilbert –

It’s hard to say what might be going on. Can you please provide your local-by-flywheel.log file? See
“How do I retrieve Local’s log file?” for instructions on how to do so.

– Ben

I have attached log file

local-by-flywheel.log (59.5 KB)

Thanks for that log @atomiccherry –

There definitely seems to be issues in that cloning process. The two main things that stand out to me are that wp-cli doesn’t appear to be working:

Nov 6, 2018, 12:17 PM PST - info: [main/SiteEnvironmentInterimUpdater] wp-cli.phar is currently OCI runtime exec failed: exec failed: container_linux.go:348: starting container process caused "exec: \"wp\": executable file not found in $PATH": unknown. Updating to 1.4.1.

As well as MySQL seems to be crashing somewhere along the way:

Nov 6, 2018, 12:18 PM PST - warn: [main/SiteModel] wpInstalled not returning "installed" Error
    at /Applications/Local by Flywheel.app/Contents/Resources/app.asar/main/actions-sites/wait-for-mysql.js:1:2853
    at Generator.next (<anonymous>)
    at _0x5bab70 (/Applications/Local by Flywheel.app/Contents/Resources/app.asar/main/actions-sites/wait-for-mysql.js:1:1645)
    at /Applications/Local by Flywheel.app/Contents/Resources/app.asar/main/actions-sites/wait-for-mysql.js:1:1904
    at <anonymous>
    at process._tickDomainCallback (internal/process/next_tick.js:228:7)
Nov 6, 2018, 12:18 PM PST - info: [EnvironmentCustom] Empty /etc/mysql
Nov 6, 2018, 12:18 PM PST - info: [EnvironmentCustom] Copying MySQL config to container prior to starting.
Nov 6, 2018, 12:18 PM PST - error: [EnvironmentCustom] Error copying MySQL config Error: ENOENT: no such file or directory, lstat '/Users/Lucy/Local Sites/slim-clone/conf/mysql/'
    at fs.lstatSync (fs.js:941:11)
    at Object.fs.lstatSync (ELECTRON_ASAR.js:259:16)
    at Object.lstatSync (/Applications/Local by Flywheel.app/Contents/Resources/app.asar/node_modules/graceful-fs/polyfills.js:297:22)
    at _0x5d879a (/Applications/Local by Flywheel.app/Contents/Resources/app.asar/main/docker.js:1:4851)
    at Promise (/Applications/Local by Flywheel.app/Contents/Resources/app.asar/main/docker.js:1:5215)
    at new Promise (<anonymous>)
    at Container._0x4095a2 [as copyFiles] (/Applications/Local by Flywheel.app/Contents/Resources/app.asar/main/docker.js:1:5157)
    at _0x2fd35d.execPromise (/Applications/Local by Flywheel.app/Contents/Resources/extraResources/environments/custom-1-3-1/out/environment.js:1:14453)
    at <anonymous>
    at process._tickDomainCallback (internal/process/next_tick.js:228:7)

As a troubleshooting step, can you try doing a “manual clone” – by that I mean right-click and “Export” the original site, and then import the zip file into a new Local site. Do you encounter errors when doing that, or does that allow the site to be created successfully?

Since the error sounds like it is relating to the folders not being mounted correctly, another troubleshooting step would be to go to the “Advanced” tab in the Local preferences and toggle “Faster Docker Volumes”. This will refresh those file mounts and might allow the site to be cloned successfully.

Can you try those two things and let us know how it goes?

– Ben

Toggling Faster Docker Volumes did the trick. Successfully cloned site. Thank you very much!!!

As an aside, any news on when the Pro version of Local will be available?

Spoke too soon. Cloning working fine. However, still having an issue customizing environment (specifically downgrading MySQL from 5.7.x to 5.6.

It’s coming! :smiley:

Interesting. This update to MySQL 5.7 has thrown a number of challenges our way.

So from the log, it looks like the “Gutenberg” site is being cloned. I can’t tell from the log – was this site started as a Preferred environment and then you are cloning it to a custom environment?

When you open up “Adminer” for the original site, are there extra tables that exist beyond the typical WordPress ones?

http://flywheel.link/865759672e4b

If there are, I would take a backup of the DB, and then try dropping the non-wp tables and then try to clone again. Let me know what happens.

– Ben

This topic was automatically closed 12 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.