Unable to Download Four Plugins: 'cURL error 60: SSL certificate problem: self signed certificate' error

I am getting a ‘cURL error 60: SSL certificate problem: self signed certificate’ error when downloading four plugins. I have the base SSL certificate that is attached to the live site activated but still getting the same error.

Does anyone have a high level of understanding on how to override the certificate settings to get these downloaded?

In addition, if it requires running code on the local site shell, can you tell me how to do that? Is it just copying and pasting the code and hitting enter or does it require a run code prior to the code? There was a similar solution in here with that info but when I run the code they suggested, I’m getting another error.

Thank you!

Hey @SarahBano – thanks for your patience with this, and welcome to the community forums! This is definitely a tricky issue and one that’s hard to replicate. Can you help us zero in on what’s going on?

• What version of Local are you using?
  • What Operating System and OS version is being used?
  • Can you please provide your Local Log? See this Community Forum post for instructions on how to do so:
  • Does this happen for all sites in Local, or just one?
  • Do you have a screenshot of the error you are seeing in the browser?