Unable to load fresh Wordpress installation

Issue Summary

Unable to load fresh Wordpress installation.

Troubleshooting Questions

• Does this happen for all sites in Local, or just one in particular?

I’m unable to create a new WordPress site at all. I’ve used different versions of the installation (recommended, custom) and come up with the same error message:

“missing --admin_email parameter (The email address for the admin user.)”
‘tkLcg3X4Ja@%’ is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

• Are you able to create a new, plain WordPress site in Local and access it in a Browser?

No.

Replication

Choose Describe the steps that others can take to replicate this issue. If you have screenshots that can help clarify what is happening, please include them!

Create a new WordPress site.
Name the site.
Select “Preferred” options.
Enter in user name and password for admin.
Click “Add Site”
Begins installing WordPress, then the same error message happens.

System Details

• Which version of Local is being used?

Version 6.6.0+6231

• What Operating System (OS) and OS version is being used?

Windows 11 Professional, version 22H2

Security Reminder

Local does a pretty good job of scrubbing private info from the logs and the errors it produces, however there’s always the possibility that something private can come through. Because these are public forums, always review the screenshots you are sharing to make sure there isn’t private info like passwords being displayed.

Hi @rottinger Do you have any antivirus, security, or firewall applications that could be blocking Local? It looks like it might be having trouble connecting.

More details about troubleshooting this here: Router Mode

Nick-B,

Thank you for your reply.

I had created pass-throughs for the various Local folders so that the application wouldn’t be blocked, and that didn’t help. After I started up my PC the next day, I did find that the site had actually been created, although I had to go through the initial quick setup.

So I’m not sure why I got the error message, except that it didn’t pre-populate my WP account.

Respectfully,
Ronald Ottinger

“For I have been crucified in Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me.” Galatians 2:20

Hi @rottinger -

Reading through your response I want to clarify, were you able to solve your problem?

Thank you!

Sam

Sam,

Well, I just attempted to create a new WP site and everything went as it should (although I had to reboot my machine before the new site was available; kept getting a 404 error). The login information passed through correctly, so I was able to log into the admin area.

I didn’t do anything, so I’m not sure what changed. I have my original development site up and running, so that’s all working.

So yes, I guess the problem is solved; I don’t know what happened to do it, though.

Thank you for your assistance!

Respectfully,
Ronald

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.