What issue or error are you experiencing?
Unable to start any existing sites – mysqld socket not starting.
What steps can be taken to replicate the issue? Feel free to include screenshots, videos, etc
Create site, start then stop site. After closing Local and opening it for a new session, then attempt to start the site.
So, site will start the first time but not again. This error regarding the mysqld socket occurs each time:
- Local Version:
- Operating System (OS) and OS version:
MacOS 14.0 Sonoma
local-logs.zip (1.6 MB)
If you create a new, blank site in Local can you access that okay? If you can, then you may want to try reimporting the site getting the errors. The steps would look like this:
- Locate the site files on your machine, and save a copy of them to your desktop. If you click
Go to Site Folder under your site name it should take you right to where they are located.
- Once you have those copied, completely delete the site from Local
- Restart Local/your machine
- Reimport the site back into Local. You can refer here on how to Restore from only Local site files
I can, but after stopping that site, closing Local, and coming back to it another time, same problem.
Are any sites utilizing Apache? If you switch to NGINX does the issue persist?
Can you try disabling any Local Add Ons and then checking again?