Uh-oh! Unable to start site. Local Version: Version 7.1.0+6396

What issue or error are you experiencing?

Uh-oh! Unable to start site.
Error: Command failed: /Applications/Local.app/Contents/Resources/extraResources/lightning-services/mysql-8.0.16+6/bin/darwin/bin/mysqladmin ping

mysqladmin: connect to server at ‘localhost’ failed

error: ‘Can’t connect to local MySQL server through socket ‘/Users/martingibson/Library/Application Support/Local/run/A-YuHuy5V/mysql/mysqld.sock’ (2)’

Check that mysqld is running and that the socket: ‘/Users/martingibson/Library/Application Support/Local/run/A-YuHuy5V/mysql/mysqld.sock’ exists!

at ChildProcess.exithandler (node:child_process:407:12)

at ChildProcess.emit (node:events:527:28)

at ChildProcess.emit (node:domain:475:12)

at maybeClose (node:internal/child_process:1092:16)

at ChildProcess._handle.onexit (node:internal/child_process:302:5)

What steps can be taken to replicate the issue? Feel free to include screenshots, videos, etc

This happens when I start any of my sites.

System Details

• Local Version:
    Version 7.1.0+6396

• Operating System (OS) and OS version:
    Mac OSX 13.4.1 (c) (22F770820d)

Notes

I looked at this thread here: Got the Uh-oh Unable to Provision site (Mac) and this solution did not help.

Hi @nbwebsites

Do you have any antivirus, security, or firewall applications that could be blocking Local?

More details about troubleshooting this here: Router Mode

Are you running other developer applications simultaneously? That could also cause similar issues. Apps like MAMP, XAMPP, or Docker for example.

Hi @Nick-B, thanks for your reply. I have no firewall applications running. I am not running any other developer applications. Thanks,

1 Like

This thread below might be helpful as the errors are very similar:

Thank you. The permissions look ok:

-rw-r–r–@ 1 martingibson staff 693B 1 Aug 17:03 /Users/martingibson/Library/Application Support/Local//run/A-YuHuy5V/conf/mysql/my.cnf
-rw-r–r–@ 1 martingibson staff 693B 1 Aug 08:02 /Users/martingibson/Library/Application Support/Local//run/u6J9_wPdX/conf/mysql/my.cnf
-rw-r–r-- 1 martingibson staff 693B 12 May 19:31 /Users/martingibson/Library/Application Support/Local//run/v489XL-b7/conf/mysql/my.cnf
-rw-r–r–@ 1 martingibson staff 693B 2 Aug 15:29 /Users/martingibson/Library/Application Support/Local//run/UgbchfAmx/conf/mysql/my.cnf
-rw-r–r-- 1 martingibson staff 693B 24 May 11:06 /Users/martingibson/Library/Application Support/Local//run/xX_C_8hgt/conf/mysql/my.cnf
-rw-r–r–@ 1 martingibson staff 558B 2 Aug 09:17 /Users/martingibson/Library/Application Support/Local//run/XG_CjnOeT/conf/mysql/my.cnf
-rw-r–r-- 1 martingibson staff 558B 16 Dec 2021 /Users/martingibson/Library/Application Support/Local//run/7Nsomh6CG/conf/mysql/my.cnf
-rw-r–r–@ 1 martingibson staff 693B 1 Aug 16:52 /Users/martingibson/Library/Application Support/Local//run/MkgM0m9_3/conf/mysql/my.cnf
-rw-r–r–@ 1 martingibson staff 558B 1 Aug 17:22 /Users/martingibson/Library/Application Support/Local//run/SYPKshQgU/conf/mysql/my.cnf
-rw-r–r-- 1 martingibson staff 693B 1 Apr 2022 /Users/martingibson/Library/Application Support/Local//run/GAqWeBM6q/conf/mysql/my.cnf

Some have an @ symbol after, I am not sure what this means…

Another thread over here where a user with a similar issue said a full restart resolved it for them. Down at the bottom Ben also explains what the @ means.

I have done a restart and I know that doesn’t help the issue, but I haven’t done a full power off. I will try that perhaps later today and let you know if the issue persists. Thanks,

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.