Unable to start site due to some issue with mysql

Hi, I am encountering an issue with LocalWP on Manjaro Linux . When attempting to create a new site, the process gets stuck at the ‘provisioning site’ step for approximately 15 minutes and eventually results in an error. The specific error message indicates that the database did not respond to ping after 15 tries.

error

28/1/2024, 1:57:16 am [error] [main] undefined: Database did NOT respond to ping after 15 tries. -- {"service":{},"serviceBinVersion":{},"stack":"Error: Command failed: %%userDataPath%%/lightning-services/mysql-8.0.16+6/bin/linux/bin/mysqladmin ping\n\u0007mysqladmin: connect to server at 'localhost' failed\nerror: 'Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '%%site.runData%%/mysql/mysqld.sock' (2)'\nCheck that mysqld is running and that the socket: '%%site.runData%%/mysql/mysqld.sock' exists!\n\n    at ChildProcess.exithandler (node:child_process:430:12)\n    at ChildProcess.emit (node:events:513:28)\n    at maybeClose (node:internal/child_process:1091:16)\n    at ChildProcess._handle.onexit (node:internal/child_process:302:5)"}
28/1/2024, 1:57:16 am [error] [main] SiteProcessManagerService: Unable to start site. -- {"stack":"Error: Command failed: %%userDataPath%%/lightning-services/mysql-8.0.16+6/bin/linux/bin/mysqladmin ping\n\u0007mysqladmin: connect to server at 'localhost' failed\nerror: 'Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '%%site.runData%%/mysql/mysqld.sock' (2)'\nCheck that mysqld is running and that the socket: '%%site.runData%%/mysql/mysqld.sock' exists!\n\n    at ChildProcess.exithandler (node:child_process:430:12)\n    at ChildProcess.emit (node:events:513:28)\n    at maybeClose (node:internal/child_process:1091:16)\n    at ChildProcess._handle.onexit (node:internal/child_process:302:5)"}

based on this i can understand that localwp tried to ping mysql db several times but ended up with no response. But i checked it out, mysql works normally for me , yet it didnt give response to the application. I spent hours searching for a way to fix my problem, but i didnt come up with a solution. It would be really great if you could help me out

System Details

• Local Version:
    Local v 8.2.0

• Operating System (OS) and OS version:
    Linux Manjaro (latest)

Local Logs

local-lightning.log (216.1 KB)
local-lightning-verbose.log (326.5 KB)

Hi @justin47

Is this your first time using Local or did this work previously and then ran into problems after an update?

1 Like

This is my first time

Are you running other developer applications simultaneously? That could also cause similar issues. Apps like MAMP, XAMPP, or Docker for example.

Do you have any antivirus, security, or firewall applications that could be blocking Local?

1 Like

Mmm, yeah , i had been running other projects which required sql. temporarily shutting them or using an older sql version worked out for me

later following the following post helped me get my project working

so, if anyone else seems to get the site not found error in linux, try the method from the following post Can’t view local sites in browser: “localhost refused to connect” in Linux Manjaro

@Nick-B , thank you so much for your time :smile:

1 Like

Glad to hear it @justin47! Thank you for letting us know :green_heart:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.