V2.4.2 for Windows hangs at Checking System

Is anyone else running 2.4.2 on Windows 10 having startup issues? My install keep saying “Checking System”.

Error in the log file:

Oct 4, 2018, 1:31 PM GMT+10 - error: [main/index] TypeError: Cannot read property 'forEach' of null
    at exports.(anonymous function) (C:\Users\wil_biq\AppData\Local\Programs\local-by-flywheel\resources\app.asar\helpers\process-exports-vars.js:1:737)
    at _child_process2.(anonymous function).(anonymous function) (C:\Users\wil_biq\AppData\Local\Programs\local-by-flywheel\resources\app.asar\main\actions-docker\set-docker-env.js:1:3305)
    at ChildProcess.exithandler (child_process.js:294:5)
    at emitTwo (events.js:126:13)
    at ChildProcess.emit (events.js:214:7)
    at maybeClose (internal/child_process.js:925:16)
    at Process.ChildProcess._handle.onexit (internal/child_process.js:209:5)

That’s after a fresh download and installation.

1 Like

I HAVE THE SAME ERROR IN THE LOG. Someone please help :frowning:

Hi @DeveloperWil @nicobaguio,

Sorry about this!

Please try the steps here: How can I manually update VirtualBox?

If the issue persists after updating/re-installing VirtualBox, go ahead and run through these steps: How can I forcefully restart the Local by Flywheel VM?

That worked thanks!

Nothing has worked. I was able to make it work, but as soon as I update to 2.4.3, IT’S BROKEN. AGAIN. I’m starting to get really annoyed with your application. If I didn’t like your WP hosting so much, I’d stop making your app work (and trust me, I’m getting really close to just doing that).

If you want people to invest in a Pro version, you better make sure that the “Free” version works first.