Virtualization Technology VT-X not supported

Hi Supporter,
Recently I was about to install Local by Flywheel on my PC. But I couldn’t as it doesn’t support VT-x.

My PC Configurations are:
processor :Intel® Pentium® D CPU 3.00GHz 3.00 GHz
Windows 7
32 Bit

And it doesn’t support VirtualizationTechnology VT-x.
So I have no option to enable it from BIOS.

Now what can I do?
How can I make my PC VT-x supported?
I have been google searching. But can’t find any solution yet.
Could you please help me out in this regard?
Thanks for your time.

Kind Regards,
Mohammad Shohel Rana

Hey Mohammad!

I’m really sorry to inform you of that, but VT-x technology is needed in order to VirtualBox, that is the software that runs with Local to create a Virtual Machine as a server for the websites.

This technology comes with the processor, that in your case is the Pentium D, for you to be able to run Local and VirtualBox, you will need a new processor, that supports VT-x feature… Some of the cheapest processors that include this feature are the Core 2 Duo’s from Intel, but you might need to compare with your current processor so you don’t buy a worse processor.

This link might help you:

As of Flywheel FAQ, the requirements for running Local on Windows are:

• 4GB RAM
  • 1GB Disk Space
  • Windows 7, 8, 8.1, or 10
  • CPU with VT-x or AMD-v support
1 Like

Thank you so much for your kind help, atempel :slight_smile:

Oh, one further help needed.
That is is there any other software like flywheel with which I can accomplish the same purpose with my current processor.

I recenlty used ngrok. But it doesn’t work for WP, as far as I tested.

Thanks again for your time.

Kind Regards,
Mohammad Shohel Rana

Hey Mohammad,

Glad to help!
About another software that could work with your machine, one I can think of is XAMPP but there are some configuration involved, so you might have to read a bit about it before woking with it.

ngrok should have no problem to work with WP, since it works in tandem with another software in most cases. But you will have to look up how to make it work with each of them.
Also, ngrok is used in Local, the “live link” feature used here, is achieved with ngrok.

Have a good week! :wink:

1 Like

Extremely sorry for the delayed reply, atempel.
Thank you so much.
Yes, I have to look up how to make ngrok compatible with WP.
Yes, you are right that ngrok is used in Local.
Thanks again for your time. :slight_smile:

1 Like