White screen after plugin download

What issue or error are you experiencing?

I am a novice building a site using Local Host and WP. I am in the final stages and there had been an error while setting up PayPal and received a message stating that there was no SSL certificate. I downloaded a plugin (WP Force SSL - probably unnecessary). (Support documentation seems to indicate that I needed a certificate before downloading the plugin).

When I activated the plugin the dashboard froze and after 10 mins or so I exited and logged in again through Local. The login page failed and I am left with a white screen and it indicates that it is still loading. Two days later and it indicates that loading continues.
I contacted the developer after purchasing the Pro version and was advised that they can’t help because they can’t access the URL of the Local site.
As I write I attempted to find the Local logs and the site indicated that I needed to download which I did. There was no sign of a download, instead I received an “exit all sites” message. I followed the instruction and logged back in again which took me straight to the dashboard (no login???)
The d/board appears to be intact but a visit to the site comes up with the following:

Your connection isn’t private

Attackers might be trying to steal your information from new-site.local (for example, passwords, messages, or credit cards).

NET::ERR_CERT_AUTHORITY_INVALID

This server couldn’t prove that it’s new-site.local; its security certificate is not trusted by your computer’s operating system. This may be caused by a misconfiguration or an attacker intercepting your connection.

What’s happening???

What steps can be taken to replicate the issue? Feel free to include screenshots, videos, etc

System Details

• Local Version:

• Operating System (OS) and OS version:

Local Logs

Attach your Local Logs here (Help Doc - Retrieving Local’s Log)

Security Reminder
Local does a pretty good job of scrubbing private info from the logs and the errors it produces, however there’s always the possibility that something private can come through. Because these are public forums, always review the screenshots you are sharing to make sure there isn’t private info like passwords being displayed.

Problem resolved! It seems that Local had to renew its certificate and i had to TRUST it, a detail that I hadn’t noticed previously

1 Like

Glad you got it sorted @gerlad! Thank you for sharing your update here. Happy Developing :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.