Why is the Admin button on Local taking me to the Live website instead of the WP Admin Dashboard?

Issue Summary

The admin button is taking me to the live website instead of the WP Admin Dashboard.

Troubleshooting Questions

• How can i rectify this issue ??

• Are you able to create a new, plain WordPress site in Local and access it in a Browser? I did not try that. I just pulled in a website from Wordpress Backup.

Replication

Describe the steps that others can take to replicate this issue. If you have screenshots that can help clarify what is happening, please include them! Download LOcal. In the homepage drag the website zip file. It will unpack and create your site. Click on Trust. And then click on Admin. Instead of opening WP Dashboard, it takes you to live website.

System Details

• Which version of Local is being used?
    The latest. Downloaded it last night.

• What Operating System (OS) and OS version is being used?
    Windows 11 Home 10.0.22623 Build

• For example: macOS Catalina or Windows 10 Professional
  • Attach the Local Log. See this Help Doc for instructions on how to do so:

• Retrieving Local’s Log
      Diagnostic Log
      Message Docs
      :warning: [Step Debug] Could not connect to client host discovered through HTTP headers, connecting to configured address/port: localhost:9003. :- 🖹
      :stop_sign: [Step Debug] Time-out connecting to debugging client, waited: 200 ms. Tried: ::1:9003 (from HTTP_X_FORWARDED_FOR HTTP header), localhost:9003 (fallback through xdebug.client_host/xdebug.client_port) :frowning: 🖹
      :warning: [Step Debug] Could not connect to client host discovered through HTTP headers, connecting to configured address/port: localhost:9003. :- 🖹
      :stop_sign: [Step Debug] Time-out connecting to debugging client, waited: 200 ms. Tried: ::1:9003 (from HTTP_X_FORWARDED_FOR HTTP header), localhost:9003 (fallback through xdebug.client_host/xdebug.client_port) :frowning:

Security Reminder

Local does a pretty good job of scrubbing private info from the logs and the errors it produces, however there’s always the possibility that something private can come through. Because these are public forums, always review the screenshots you are sharing to make sure there isn’t private info like passwords being displayed.

Hi @Sujatha

It could be that some caching is at play if you’ve been interacting with the site a lot previously. You might try clearing your browser cache, or using a different browser or incognito window.

You may need to try clearing the cache and cookies on your browser and then closing your active sessions to start with a clean slate.

How do I clear my browser’s cache?

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.