WPEPullService: CAPI ResponseError when creating new SSH key

What issue or error are you experiencing?

I seem to be unable to pull any sites from WPEngine. The errors from the logs are posted below - I am unfortunately unable to get any more details than this. I upgraded Local, all my Homebrew packages, and Mac OS and continued to get these issues. Apologies here, if I could read the source code I would debug further before posting this.

{"class":"WPEPullService","level":"error","message":"Error in WP Engine connect: ","sentryEventId":"c1d9a411720e4d74bd9c83f8d44dc81c","thread":"main","timestamp":"2024-02-09T17:08:14.942Z"}
{"class":"WPEPullService","level":"error","message":"CAPI ResponseError when creating new SSH key: Response returned an error code. 400 Bad Request","name":"ResponseError","response":{},"stack":"ResponseError: CAPI ResponseError when creating new SSH key: Response returned an error code. 400 Bad Request\n    at CAPIService.<anonymous> (%%appPath%%/main/capi/CAPIService.js:1:3817)\n    at Generator.throw (<anonymous>)\n    at a (%%appPath%%/main/capi/CAPIService.js:1:900)\n    at process.processTicksAndRejections (node:internal/process/task_queues:95:5)","thread":"main","timestamp":"2024-02-09T17:08:14.942Z"}

What steps can be taken to replicate the issue? Feel free to include screenshots, videos, etc

1. Unsure how to have an installation like mine. I fully uninstalled Local and reinstalled with Homebrew, latest version, then logged in to WPEngine, tried to pull a site, and get the following error. This happens with any site.

System Details

• Local Version: 8.2.1+6583

• Operating System (OS) and OS version: Sonoma 14.3.1

Local Logs

Attach your Local Logs here (Help Doc - Retrieving Local’s Log)

Let me know if the material before this is relevant - it does not seem so to me at first glance.

{"class":"WPEPullService","level":"error","message":"Error in WP Engine connect: ","sentryEventId":"c1d9a411720e4d74bd9c83f8d44dc81c","thread":"main","timestamp":"2024-02-09T17:08:14.942Z"}
{"class":"WPEPullService","level":"error","message":"CAPI ResponseError when creating new SSH key: Response returned an error code. 400 Bad Request","name":"ResponseError","response":{},"stack":"ResponseError: CAPI ResponseError when creating new SSH key: Response returned an error code. 400 Bad Request\n    at CAPIService.<anonymous> (%%appPath%%/main/capi/CAPIService.js:1:3817)\n    at Generator.throw (<anonymous>)\n    at a (%%appPath%%/main/capi/CAPIService.js:1:900)\n    at process.processTicksAndRejections (node:internal/process/task_queues:95:5)","thread":"main","timestamp":"2024-02-09T17:08:14.942Z"}

Security Reminder
Local does a pretty good job of scrubbing private info from the logs and the errors it produces, however there’s always the possibility that something private can come through. Because these are public forums, always review the screenshots you are sharing to make sure there isn’t private info like passwords being displayed.

Just resolved this using these directions.

Apologies about missing this. I do think the error could be a bit more gracefully handled though, so I hope this thread is not entirely in vain.

1 Like

Hi @samthecrag -

Thank you for letting us know what worked for you and sharing your feedback about the error. I will be sure to pass along that feedback.

Happy Building! :green_heart:

Sam

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.