300MB Limit for Importing Backup file created by All-in-One WP Migration plugin

Can the local copy of a Website exceed 300MB?

Issue Summary

I had successfully used the All-in-One WP Migration plugin to import backup files created from my online Website into the Local copy on my laptop. But now that the size of the backup file has reached 323, I get this error message when I try to import a 323MB backup file:
Your file exceeds the maximum upload size for this site: 300 MB

Troubleshooting Questions

• Does this happen for all sites in Local, or just one in particular?
    Yes, all sites when the import file is bigger than 300MB and when I use All-in-One

• Are you able to create a new, plain WordPress site in Local and access it in a Browser?

Replication

1. Use the All-in-One plugin to create a backup file by exporting a Website. The file must be bigger than 300MB.
    AllInOneImportFileSizeLimitErrorMessage Screen Shot 2021-10-31 at 3.47.58 PM

2. Download that file to your computer drive.

3. Use the All-in-One plugin to import the file to a local image of the Website.
    You should see an error popup window notifying you that the limit of 300MB has been exceeded.

System Details

• Which version of Local is being used?
    6.1.5+5536
  • What Operating System (OS) and OS version is being used?
    macOS Big Sur Version 11.5.2

That’s likely the upload limit for PHP through the browser.

I think that Local is able to import an “All-in-One WP Migration” backup directly. Have you tried dragging-and-dropping the backup file onto Local and let Local analyze and import the backup directly?

I did not know I could do that. Thanks.

But, now that I try the drag-and-drop method with a backup file (created by All-in-One) named
reeraa.org-W-Elementor&Posts-20211023-175258-81hjgq.wpress
which is 323MB, I get an error message (also shown in the attached screenshot):

I then tried to drag-and-drop another All-in-One backup file which is 279.5 MB, and is named
reeraa.org-20211008-220347-fz6xbl.wpress
and I get the same error message.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.