Increase the maximum upload file size up to 3GB

I have to import a backup file from a website which I created a while ago, but its size is 3GB and the maximum upload that I got was 2GB, how do I increase it?

See answer below:

On mu MacBook Air (M1) when I navigate to the conf / php / php.ini.hbs I get the following:

post_max_size = 1000M (current value set by default.) What is a recommended setting to maximise this to?
upload_max_filesize = 1000M (current value set by default) What is a recommended setting to maximise this to?

I have already increased the “memory_limit” to 512M

I am using all-in-one Wp Migration and want to copy a live website to my Local by Flywheel so I can try out things withoiut breaking the live site.

Regards

Hi @Breslima

Are you running into resource issues when you try to migrate? Is that why you want to increase these values?

As an alternative you could try the plugin WP Migrate Lite (which is free) to create a full site export zip file that you can then just drag and drop into Local to import.

1 Like

That’s Great Nick-B. I’ll give it a go. Thank you for your reply.

1 Like

If you have any other questions or concerns don’t hesitate to reach back out. We are always happy to help!

1 Like

Hi Nick-B.
Using WP Migrate Lite
I see that there are 3 options in the “migrate” tab: “Export” under Replace Another Site with this Site and under Tools for This Site “Find and Replace” and “Backup Database”.
My option is therefore “Export” Right? I assume that this copies all of the content and when I import this into LOCAL I will have pretty much the same site to work with locally as is available to users on the web?

That’s the general idea! Did you give that a try? How did it go?