I have followed the process for migrating a site into flywheel.
Create a zip with only those two files.
Drag zip into flywheel.
FW creates files in Local Sites > new site.
A sql file exisits in the apps and the public folder.
When I veiw the site its a hot mess.
Because its not pulling the correct database.
I’m not sure how this all comes together.
The config file created by flywheel
define( ‘DB_NAME’, ‘local’ );
$table_prefix = ‘wp_gfftz7_’;
But the database name and the prefix don’t match the database I added.
I was using mamp to develop this site. And mamp is still on my machine. (and must remain because I also develop joomla sites.)
DB_NAME looks like the correct name for local databases. You might open “Adminer” and verify that the database prefix in the
wp-config.php file matches the prefix within the database.
Here is a screenshot to help clarify what I mean: http://flywheel.link/3B2P2g3P3926
If they are different prefixes, you can try updating the line in the
wp-config.php file that defines the table prefix. This line should look something like this:
$table_prefix = 'wp_';
Let me know what you find out!
I think I got it.
but I’m pretty sure it was a hack.
- Exported the database,
- Opened the raw sql in a text editor,
- Checked the database to make sure they did not include the mysterious ‘wp_gfftz7_ tables’ that were showing up on local (and it didn’t) let’s just say my tables were named wp_xxxx
- Did a search and replace on the raw sql from the mamp url xxxx:8888 to new local url xxxxx.local
- Zipped the sql and wp_content and uploaded to local
- Changed my table to wp_xxxx in the wp-config.php
I had to request a new password to access the site.
I then went into the local database and deleted all the wp_gfftz7_ tables
and surprisingly… it worked.
I have no idea why the wp_gfftz7_ tables were in my local database.
But there is definitely an issue with local and mamp
I’m glad you figured it out, sometimes hacking is the best way to learn!
That odd looking table prefix –
wp_gfftz7_ is something that a lot of hosting companies generate so that each site has a unique prefix for the table names. This helps a little with security as well as allows multiple WordPress sites to use the same database.
And good catch with searching and replacing the URLs. By default Local uses that
.local top level domain, whereas MAMP uses a specific port number
8888. It’s just a different way to access the local site, and is a consequence of how the two programs serve up the site from your local machine.
It sounds like you got everything though, but if you have any other questions, just let me know!