After update, all local sites won't start and can't seem to be restore from local files

Tried all the steps in the “Restore a site from a local folder” document and got the error message “** (myloader:335): CRITICAL **: the specified directory is not a mydumper backup”. The SQL folder for the site I am looking at in particular contains one file, backup.sql, whereas many others contain database.sql. I don’t know whether this is an issue…

I need to be able to use Push to Flywheel, so must be the default setup on the site.

I posted a reply on another similar question but got no answer.

@mike9G,

I apologize for the trouble!

Are you trying to use the one-click “Restore” button that shows up at the top of the site’s page in Local?

Also, can you provide screenshots of what you’re seeing in Local along with your local-by-flywheel.log file? See “How do I retrieve Local’s log file?” for instructions on how to do so.

Hi Clay,

I’m using the steps listed in this guide to attempt the restore. I’ve checked the SQL folder for the site (TJC) and it only contains one file, backup.sql. Don’t know if that’s important or not.

Here’s what I’m seeing on Local:

local-error

Here’s the log file:

local-by-flywheel.log (879.4 KB)

Got it, thanks for the screenshot and log!

Did you ever manually delete the local-by-flywheel VM in VirtualBox?

No, I stopped it a couple of times, but never deleted it.

Okay, good! :slight_smile:

Can you try going to the menu in the top left and then go to “Restart Local’s Machine”?

If the issue persists, please upgrade to Local 2.2.4 and try the “Restore Site” button again.

If it still does not fix it, I would try re-importing the sites manually. If you create a zip containing the site’s wp-content folder along with the SQL file(s) in the site’s app/sql folder, you can drag and drop it onto Local’s main window to initiate an import. This import will create a new site in Local.

Haven’t got to option 3 yet, but will this work even with just the one backup.sql file?

Yup, as long as the single SQL file contains all of the required WordPress tables. Which I’m guessing it does in your case.

If you get to that step and select the Custom environment instead of Preferred, make sure you use MySQL 5.6.

Okay, the particular site I was trying to restore is now back up and running in Local, but now the logins won’t work and the password reset link does not send an email.

Never mind that part, I found another forum post here that explained how to get the password reset email.

I managed to log into the site, only to find that everything had been reset to a version from weeks ago! How is that even possible??