Auto-start Sites on Local Startup

Before the upgrade, any sites that were running when I shut down my computer and quit the program would automatically start when I rebooted and restarted the program. After the upgrade to 2.4, when I reboot/restart, all the sites are stopped and I have to manually select the ones I want to start. Is there any way to get back the previous way? It’s not a very big deal, but it is a convenience.

I’d love to see something similar introduced. It would be really cool to have a toggle to have specific sites start on boot. I understand why the change was made, but it would be great to override this per site.

2 Likes

Andy Peters wrote: “I’m sorry about that! We’ve received complaints about sites auto-starting and causing performance issues on their development machine, so we removed this feature.”

Frankly, I seem to be getting more problems with the auto-start NOT happening. Still, why not make it a feature that can be turned off or on by the user?

+1 to @AlanS’s suggestion for an option to auto-start.

If the auto-start does create performance issues, there could be an option to start Local without auto-start to allow people to get back in and fix anything that happened.

It would be fantastic to have an “Auto-Start LocalWP Sites” option! Please re-enable this feature!

Please add the option to Auto-Start sites