Can I install LOCAL on another driver other than the Cdrive?

HI there, I would like to install LOCAL on another drive on my computer other than the Cdrive… but even when I placed the .exc file on the D-drive, LOCAL was installed on the Cdrive under Users…can anyone assist?
I’m interesting in doing this, because my Cdrive is dedicated for programs only… and with the content folder growing over time, this is taking up a lot of data space on my C drive.
I look forward to possible suggestions. Thank you!

Hi Monika,

Local itself will be on the C:\ drive, but you can always add sites to different drives :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks! I had the same question.

Hi Clay…Oops, never mind my previous/last question… I figured it out!

Thanks again!!! :slightly_smiling_face:Thank you kingly for your reply, @clay! Would you possibly be able to tell me how I can choose where to add the sites? I’m having the same trouble with currently using WAMP and I don’t know how I can separate the data files from the rest. I appreciate your assistance!

As far as new sites go, it’s under “Advanced” on the first step of the site creation process.

If you’re wanting to change the default path for new sites, you can go into Preferences (click the little icon in the top-left with the three lines) and change the default site path under “New Site Defaults”

Please let me know if you have any other questions :slight_smile: