Cannot turn on Live Link for any site, using latest Local on latest MacOS

What issue or error are you experiencing?

I cannot turn on Live Link for any site in Local. Once I Start site, and go to Tools > Live Links, and click “Log into use”, a page opens in my browser saying “Log into your Local account, Are you sure you want to log in as (my name and Local account email).” I click Log in, the button goes gray, and nothing else happens. Nothing changes in Local. I’ve closed and opened the app a few times, nothing happens. I’ve restarted my computer, nothing changes. I’ve turned off all my ad blockers and such for Local online, nothing changes.

What steps can be taken to replicate the issue? Feel free to include screenshots, videos, etc

System Details

• Local Version:
    Version 9.0.5+6706
  • Operating System (OS) and OS version:
    MacOS Sonoma 14.6.1

Local Logs

Attach your Local Logs here (Help Doc - Retrieving Local’s Log)
local-logs.zip (386.7 KB)

Security Reminder
Local does a pretty good job of scrubbing private info from the logs and the errors it produces, however there’s always the possibility that something private can come through. Because these are public forums, always review the screenshots you are sharing to make sure there isn’t private info like passwords being displayed.

Hi @PaqGuy

You need to be able to sign into Local Hub in order to use Live Links which is where it’s sending you when you try to Log In. Do you have any security applications or browser extensions that might be blocking a pop up or redirect or anything like that? Could you try opening in a different browser that you don’t normally use and see if that works?

Hello Nick-B,
Thank you for following up with me, very much appreciated. Trying out all your suggestions, I got one to work, though there’s an extra step, for anyone having this same problem.

My default browser is usually Firefox [currently running Mac version 129.0.2 (64-bit)]. I tried turning off all browser extension and added popup exceptions for Local Hub, but to no avail. But when I changed my default browser to Chrome [currently running Mac version 128.0.6613.85 (Official Build) (arm64)], when I clicked on “Log in to use” in the Local app, the pop up window opened fine, I logged in fine, got the Success window, and in my local Local the Live Links credentials set up and worked just fine.

Important additional note: Once that initial Live Links set up was enabled for the particular Local site, from then on I didn’t need to be logged in to Local Hub on Chrome to turn on Live Links again for that site. The credentials remained the same, and it worked just the same. I haven’t seen whether this is the case after I shut down my Mac to come back the next day, but how it’s working now will work for me.

I had tried copying the page address of the pop up login window into Chrome to do it that way, but it didn’t work that way, and I got an Oops try again message, but that makes a great deal of sense from a security standpoint. Can’t say what it is about Firefox that won’t let you do this. I also did not get to try this solution through Safari, since the Live Links continue to work this same day I tried Chrome.

Thanks again for helping come up with what I hadn’t really tried yet!

1 Like

Glad to hear things are working @PaqGuy! I really appreciate you following up here for others to find who might run into the same.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.