Cant change Maximum upload file size

Issue Summary

Hi there, kook question.
I have set up Local on my laptop, i have gotten a wordpress instance up and running, now i need to import the demo site of the theme i bought.
When i try bring it in, (file size 440megs) i get a notification that its too large and the import is limited to Maximum upload file size: 300 MB.
I tried following the instructions provided and edited the wp-config.php file

@ini_set( ‘upload_max_filesize’ , ‘128M’ );
@ini_set( ‘post_max_size’, ‘128M’);
@ini_set( ‘memory_limit’, ‘256M’ );
@ini_set( ‘max_execution_time’, ‘300’ );
@ini_set( ‘max_input_time’, ‘300’ );

upload_max_filesize – set this to a value > than your backup - Set it to 500M
post_max_size – set this to a value > than your backup - Set it to 500M
memory_limit – set this to a value > than your backup - Set it to 500M
max_execution_time – set this to 0 (infinite)

Tested the changes by shutting down the site in local and then restarting it and launched a fresh instance of the WP backend. Again i tried to import the site backup and was told its too large max limit is 300.

So… what to do?

Troubleshooting Questions

• Does this happen for all sites in Local, or just one in particular? Just one.

• Are you able to create a new, plain WordPress site in Local and access it in a Browser? yes… i cant upload my theme

Replication

Describe the steps that others can take to replicate this issue. If you have screenshots that can help clarify what is happening, please include them!

System Details

• Which version of Local is being used? The one i just downloaded… not a pro version but a free one.

• What Operating System (OS) and OS version is being used?

• Windows 11
  • Attach the Local Log. See this Help Doc for instructions on how to do so:

Security Reminder

Local does a pretty good job of scrubbing private info from the logs and the errors it produces, however there’s always the possibility that something private can come through. Because these are public forums, always review the screenshots you are sharing to make sure there isn’t private info like passwords being displayed.

@MrMarqua Did you get this one sorted out? You’d want to make the changes in the php.ini.hbs file in the conf/php/ subdirectory, after opening up the site’s folder by right-clicking on it in the site list within Local. You’ll need to stop and restart the site for it to take effect.

1 Like

Yeah i used a different plugin (duplicator) and it worked without having to go and change stuff.
But again, thanks for sharing this, i am going to investigate it as a solution for future projects and i am sure others will want to know this too. Again, thanks for the advice.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.