Can't get Export to come up when I import back into Local

Can’t get Export to Import back into Local

My computer is on the glitch, so I exported my wp website into a zip file. Won’t Import

I renamed my site…which I think is why I can’t get it to import back into Local…what do I do, I have months of work on that site.

• Does this happen for all sites in Local, or just one in particular?

• Are you able to create a new, plain WordPress site in Local and access it in a Browser? No

Replication

Describe the steps that others can take to replicate this issue. If you have screenshots that can help clarify what is happening, please include them!

System Details

• Which version of Local is being used? The latest one…

• What Operating System (OS) and OS version is being used?

• For example: macOS Catalina or Windows 10 Professional. MACOS
  • Attach the Local Log. See this Community Forum post for instructions on how to do so:

Security Reminder

Local does a pretty good job of scrubbing private info from the logs and the errors it produces, however there’s always the possibility that something private can come through. Because these are public forums, always review the screenshots you are sharing to make sure there isn’t private info like passwords being displayed.

Was the export created before or after the computer glitched?

Not being able to create a new site is a pretty good indicator that something is quite broken with Local.

You mentioned not being able to find the Local log, but can you try looking one more time? Without more info we likely won’t be able to provide much direction. See this Community Forum post for instructions on how to do so:

well, earlier that day I saw a flash of what looked like the off station tv screen…in the old days. Then maybe a few hours later…the glitz did not happen when I was exporting the file.

Ok…the name of the site was Greg2…and that is what I used in WP.

When exporting it asked for a name…of course Greg2 Was obvious, but for some odd reason, I thought that I had to rename it something else and I renamed it Alignment resources…I really think that is the problem…

I went to retrieve the logs, and there was nothing there for flywheel or local…here are two screenshots

I wouldn’t think that would cause any issues, but maybe?

As for why there isn’t a Local log – it looks like from that screenshot that this is the system-wide ‘Library’ folder. You’ll want to open the one that’s specific to your user. Macs can be kind of annoying with how hard it is to find that in an easy way. Basically, open Finder, click the “Go” menu item, press the ‘option’ key and select “Library” when it shows up.

Here’s a screenshot to help visualize here to look:

Thank you so much for helping me…I appreciate this more than you know. I did grab a folder in the local from my computer before I hit the Export…I did not realize it was on my computer. I uploaded the zip file about an hour ago…and it’s still says adding…and starting up site…I think there was almost 5 Gigs of information on there…

Here is what I have,
Thank you so very much!

Wendy

Nice! Yep, that size of site can definitely take a while to import!

Those screenshots are of the right place! You’ll need to upload the one called local-lightning.log to this forum thread so that we can get an idea of the errors that Local is encountering.

I went back to library and found it…here it is…I don’t know if it is in the Greg2 folder I’m uploading now, that’s taking forever…but here it is :slight_smile:

Wendy

local-lightning.log (258 KB)

Here is the screen I got…again I exported it as Alignment Resources…but it was Greg2 before I exported it…I thought it was an opportunity to change the name, and I think that is what messed it up.

This is what came up when I asked it to fix it.

Uploading: Screen Shot 2021-11-12 at 6.51.42 PM.png…

OK, the above shots were from me changing the name from Greg2 to Alignment Resources…I found a folder I pulled just before the export…it had a zip for in it for Greg2…it seemed to work, till I got this message :frowning:

I’m not quite sure what is broken here. There are some errors within the Local log that seems to indicate that the site’s NGINX configuration is missing files.

You mentioned that the last site seemed to work until you got the message about “We ran into an issue when changing the Local site domain”

Can you describe in a little more detail what was working? What things happened that led to the site not working?

Did you see the Local log for more details? If you upload a recent version of the Local log, we can take a closer look at that as well!

I just found where the site was kept on my computer, I found an error log file….it can’t match the domain… I am at a doc appt for my son, but will send it when I get back home.

Thank you so much!
Wendy

Here is the log I found under Local and my folder…

2021/11/12 19:34:12 [error] 35518#0: *2 directory index of “/Users/wendystephens/Local Sites/greg2/app/public/” is forbidden, client: 127.0.0.1, server: , request: “GET / HTTP/1.1”, host: “localhost:10003”

2021/11/12 19:40:54 [error] 35518#0: *3 directory index of “/Users/wendystephens/Local Sites/greg2/app/public/” is forbidden, client: 127.0.0.1, server: , request: “GET / HTTP/1.1”, host: “localhost:10003”

2021/11/12 19:51:56 [error] 35518#0: *4 directory index of “/Users/wendystephens/Local Sites/greg2/app/public/” is forbidden, client: 127.0.0.1, server: , request: “GET / HTTP/1.1”, host: “localhost:10003”

2021/11/12 20:14:39 [error] 35518#0: *8 directory index of “/Users/wendystephens/Local Sites/greg2/app/public/” is forbidden, client: 127.0.0.1, server: , request: “GET / HTTP/1.1”, host: “localhost:10003”

That is forbidden piece usually means that either the folders don’t have the correct permissions, or there’s some other thing that is blocking that request from going through.

I’m still unclear around what you meant when you said that the site was working.

If you can get a new version of the Local log (the local-lightning.log file that you provided earlier) then we might be able to see what things have changed since the last time.

Hi,

I got someone who my brother knew to fix it. Everything was there…it just wasn’t in the correct order, and that is what was messing everything up…
Thank you so much for your help…I know it was difficult to understand. I had the information, I just could not access it…

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.