Can't install Local MacOS High Sierra

Hello, I’ve been trying to install Local. However, it’s telling me

local-by-flywheel.log (74.5 KB)

I already did everything that this page suggested

please help

Happy to help! When you install Local on macOS, it requires a kernel extension to fully support VirtualBox. Kernel extensions are easier to install in earlier versions of macOS (requiring only the admin pass), but High Sierra and newer are more restricted by default.

When you went to System Preferences, were you able to click “Allow” in the lower right-hand corner?

Try restarting your computer and installing Local one more time. Does it ask for kernel extension permission still?

Thank you!
Yes, I clicked “Allow” the first time it asked for it but it still won’t work. I have restarted my computer over 4 times after I did that.
I also tried entering sudo spctl --master-disable in the terminal before trying again, but still no luck.

I have reinstalled it since and turned off the security feature requiring user approval of Kernel Extensions. (spctl kext-consent disable). It won’t ask me to Allow it in System Preferences anymore even before I turned off the security feature. It only asked me the first time I downloaded Local.
I have also tried
sudo /Library/Application\ Support/VirtualBox/LaunchDaemons/VirtualBoxStartup.sh restart

and it shows this:
Loading VBoxDrv.kext /Library/Application Support/VirtualBox/VBoxDrv.kext failed to load - (libkern/kext) authentication failure (file ownership/permissions); check the system/kernel logs for errors or try kextutil(8). Error: Failed to load /Library/Application Support/VirtualBox/VBoxDrv.kext Loading VBoxUSB.kext /Library/Application Support/VirtualBox/VBoxUSB.kext failed to load - (libkern/kext) authentication failure (file ownership/permissions); check the system/kernel logs for errors or try kextutil(8). Error: Failed to load /Library/Application Support/VirtualBox/VBoxUSB.kext Loading VBoxNetFlt.kext /Library/Application Support/VirtualBox/VBoxNetFlt.kext failed to load - (libkern/kext) authentication failure (file ownership/permissions); check the system/kernel logs for errors or try kextutil(8). Error: Failed to load /Library/Application Support/VirtualBox/VBoxNetFlt.kext Loading VBoxNetAdp.kext /Library/Application Support/VirtualBox/VBoxNetAdp.kext failed to load - (libkern/kext) authentication failure (file ownership/permissions); check the system/kernel logs for errors or try kextutil(8). Error: Failed to load /Library/Application Support/VirtualBox/VBoxNetAdp.kext (kernel) Kext org.virtualbox.kext.VBoxNetAdp not found for unload request. Failed to unload org.virtualbox.kext.VBoxNetAdp - (libkern/kext) not found. (kernel) Kext org.virtualbox.kext.VBoxNetFlt not found for unload request. Failed to unload org.virtualbox.kext.VBoxNetFlt - (libkern/kext) not found. (kernel) Kext org.virtualbox.kext.VBoxUSB not found for unload request. Failed to unload org.virtualbox.kext.VBoxUSB - (libkern/kext) not found. (kernel) Kext org.virtualbox.kext.VBoxDrv not found for unload request. Failed to unload org.virtualbox.kext.VBoxDrv - (libkern/kext) not found. Fatal error: VirtualBox

local-by-flywheel.log (44.4 KB)

Hi @danygob,

So sorry for the trouble getting up and running with Local!

Based off of the most recent Local log it looks like the kernel extensions still aren’t loading. Can you try downloading and installing the most recent version of VirtualBox (currently 6.0.4)? See How can I manually update VirtualBox? for more details.

My hope is that VirtualBox 6.0 will fix the issues you’re currently running into.

Once you do that, try re-opening Local.