Can't log into a new website

I just downloaded the newest LOCAL (v7.2.1+6433), and tried to log into a new website I had just setup on Local. First it says that my password is bad, then when I try to reset the password, it tells me that my user name is wrong. If i try to view the site - I can see it, I just can’t get into wp-admin.

Windows 11

What steps can be taken to replicate the issue? Feel free to include screenshots, videos, etc

System Details

• Local Version:

• Operating System (OS) and OS version:

Local Logs

Attach your Local Logs here (Help Doc - Retrieving Local’s Log)

Security Reminder
Local does a pretty good job of scrubbing private info from the logs and the errors it produces, however there’s always the possibility that something private can come through. Because these are public forums, always review the screenshots you are sharing to make sure there isn’t private info like passwords being displayed.

local-lightning.log (318.2 KB)

Hi @OldBaldDude!

Can you try creating a new admin users via CLI and see if that works? There are instructions in this help doc:

Nick-B I did try to do both - I won’t recognize either the old or new username /Password

If you create a new, blank website in Local can you access that one okay?

I have tried that about three times, Uninstalled and re-installed local…nada. (…and thanks for the suggestions).

What I’m trying to find out is the issue happening for any site or just this specific site? If you spin up a new site can you log in to that one okay?

Nick-B, Again, thank you for your help…I just made a “test” - everything fired up as expected and I was able to log right in…not sure what it is, but I will change the name a bit and re-load the site. thank you!

1 Like

Glad to hear it! Happy Developing :green_heart:

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.