Can't login on local wp

What issue or error are you experiencing?

I can not log in to the local wp website locally. It says password failed but I verified with the database my password and it still won’t login.

What steps can be taken to replicate the issue? Feel free to include screenshots, videos, etc

I blueprinted my only website and after that no site, new or existing would let me log in to the dashboard. This occurs on my Windows 11 and Ubuntu Linux.

System Details

• Local Version:

Latest

• Operating System (OS) and OS version:
    Windows 11, Ubuntu

Local Logs

Attach your Local Logs here (Help Doc - Retrieving Local’s Log)

Security Reminder
Local does a pretty good job of scrubbing private info from the logs and the errors it produces, however there’s always the possibility that something private can come through. Because these are public forums, always review the screenshots you are sharing to make sure there isn’t private info like passwords being displayed.

Also logging in to local itself linking it to my online account doesn’t work. I login with a success message on the browser but it does not log me in locally. I tried deleting and redownloading local. I also tried enabling one click login but neither has worked.

Hi @Jayteetwo

Can you use the steps here to reset your password or create a new user and try that?

I can try but I’m not sure what terminal is compatible. I’m primarily on windows, and CMD/powershell doesn’t work for WP commands. Is there a terminal I need to get?

Within your Local app, Start your site and then under your site’s name you should see Open Site Shell which will open up a terminal window directly connected for you to use.