Can't login + on the FE: The requested URL was not found on this server

Issue Summary

I can’t login into the admin panel. and when I click on anything on the site itself, it results in a 404 “The requested URL was not found on this server.”.

Troubleshooting Questions

Does this happen for all sites in Local, or just one in particular?

• all

Are you able to create a new, plain WordPress site in Local and access it in a Browser?

• only the TLD, every other page results in 404

Replication

create a new site

System Details

PHP 8.1.9
MariaDB 10.4.10
Apache 2.4.43

Which version of Local is being used?

• 7.0.1+6387

What Operating System (OS) and OS version is being used?

• Windows 10

Local Log:
local-lightning.log (26.6 KB)

Hi @prototowb

If you change to an NGINX server type does that work?

Hi Nick,
Site is loading quite a bit slowly but seems to work. Admin panel still doesn’t :thinking:

Hi @prototowb

If you’re having slowness, you can check our guide here. We have a couple of recently added items specifically for Windows users as well:

If you create a new, blank site are you able to access the admin panel for that okay?

it actually is a new site. I don’t have other sites yet. but, yes, everytime I create a new site, it’s the same.

I am starting Local as Administrator. This notification keeps popping up, but I get no related prompt (well, it should already have the privileges).

but the hosts entries are there.

behavior also seems to change depending on the drive the site is using; my first site on another drive than c: responses with the simple unstyled server error page. when setting c: for sites, not even the TLD works, but I get a styled 404 page.

and, yes, I reinstalled already :sweat_smile:
maybe there is a cleaner way… but that shouldn’t be the issue, anyway.

changing router mode didn’t help.

Oh, and I don’t seem to get any router logs - it’s just empty.

the one-click admin option logs me in successfully. but logging in manually still sends me to a blank form http://test.local/wp-login.php?redirect_to=http%3A%2F%2Ftest.local%2Fwp-admin%2F&reauth=1

Hi @prototowb

Do you have any antivirus or other developer applications running that could be interfering?

You could start here:

saw some of your suggestions already in similar posts. nothing is blocking ports, hosts is writable.

why would the one-click admin login work, but not the form…

I saw your comment below, are you all set now with that fix or still have any lingering issues?

guess I am. I’d just like to understand it at some point. well, at least I hope it will run smoother in future updates. thanks for the support!

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.