Can't work on site, weird error messages

What issue or error are you experiencing?

First, I do not know much about this. Complete novice, so apologies in advance. I used local to create and stage my site, pushed everything to WPengine, and everything was working fine.
This morning, I got the attached error message; this is the computer that Local is on.
If I continue into posts to start a new article, everything gets a little weird, like the featured image is missing. Or no place to put featured image.
IF I close Local, I can not even access my website, on the same computer.
Jump to a different computer; the website works with no problem.

What steps can be taken to replicate the issue? Feel free to include screenshots, videos, etc

System Details

• Local Version:

• Operating System (OS) and OS version:

Local Logs

Attach your Local Logs here (Help Doc - Retrieving Local’s Log)

Security Reminder
Local does a pretty good job of scrubbing private info from the logs and the errors it produces, however there’s always the possibility that something private can come through. Because these are public forums, always review the screenshots you are sharing to make sure there isn’t private info like passwords being displayed.

Hi @bryan

I’m a little confused here and may need some clarification. For example, when you close Local, it’s completely normal not to be able to access your Local site. It only works when Local is open and the site is Started. That doesn’t have anything to do with your WP Engine hosted site which is hosted on their servers and is essentially it’s own version of your site. So if you’re able to access that from another computer, that’s normal also.

So all of that being said, are the errors and issues you’re running into when working on the site in Local, or when you’re working on the hosted site on WP Engine?

Feel free to spin up a short video as well if that helps using something like Loom or similar.

Additionally please also share the following:

• What is your OS?

• What version of Local are you on?

• Please attach a copy of your Local Logs

Keep us posted and we’d be happy to help further!

Thank you for the reply and clarification. It is windows, Surface Table Studio
Local Version 8.2.1+6583

I can access my site if I have Local open and running. I also get the errors then.
I can’t just go to the web and run it.
The errors are when Local is running. On the WP Engine side it is fine.
If I grab another computer, everything is fine.

So I think I have found the problem. But I am not sure what to do next. Being the noob, I installed Wp Rocket, while in Local
The error I was getting(see above) takes me to the attachement below.

Hi @bryan -

I would recommend checking out this help doc about Local + WP Rocket: Can I run WP Rocket on localhost and staging domains? - WP Rocket Knowledge Base

The warning is saying that WP_CACHE is already defined (if you look at those first 2 lines of code in your screenshot it is defining WP_CACHE as false twice.

Take a look at this help doc, too, which talks about WP_CACHE being set to false: https://docs.wp-rocket.me/article/1518-wpcache-is-set-to-false

Let me know if this helps!

Sam

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.