Child Theme styles.css not loads

Hello,

I’ve made a child theme with Local and it works, but when I change my styles.css file, I can’t see this changes on my browser. My file is correctly edited but I’ve to enable the live link to see the css modification…
which is not very practical.

Thank you for your support !

Laura

Hi Laura,

As the live link provides a new URL your browser won’t have any cached files for the live link URL.

When developing locally its advised to do a non-cached refresh, if you’re using chrome on windows the button combo is Shift + F5 . This will force the browser to download all the files remotely, not using a previously downloaded one.

Chrome does have an option in the developer tools to save you the arching button combo, but let me know how you get on.

Good luck!

1 Like

Thank you very for the tips ! It works :slight_smile:

Hello, I am having this same issue and I’m on a Mac. What should I do on a Mac? I’ve had this issue with two separate installs of WordPress on Local by Flywheel with Child Themes set up where I’m changing the stylesheet and nothing is happening… thank you!

Hey,

Its a similar premise, but it all depends on your browser.

The combo for mac is usually CMD + R, or CMD + SHIFT + R.

Thanks,

Phill

I’ve been facing the same issue for the last couple of days and it’s totally driving me nuts. I’ve tried both the refresh combos but none seem to make the css for child theme load!

I don’t really want to go back to MAMP but losing precious time with a small issue like this would be foolish.